Part 1 Epilogue

The legions of darkness poured forth from Carn Dum, a formidable force clad in the ominous attire of cruelty. Men, donned in iron helmets and armor, spearheaded the malevolent march. Following closely behind, snow trolls wielded sharp pickaxes and bucklers, while hill trolls, armed with massive hammers, interspersed themselves within the dark army.

At the forefront of this ominous assembly rode Arnakhor, an embodiment of shadow and malice. His horned helmet and armor, as black as the night itself, exuded an aura of dread. Atop a colossal horse, matching the darkness of his attire, Arnakhor's glowing eyes pierced through the slit in his visor. A wicked smile adorned his face as he led the relentless advance southward, harboring a singular purpose – the fall of the Dunedain, the ascent of his people, and the realization of their long-awaited revenge.

With a triumphant cry, Arnakhor raised his dark sword high into the air, signaling the beginning of a sinister procession. The men in tow echoed his sentiment with a synchronized chant, each repetition of "Death to the North! Death to the false heirs!" resonating like a malevolent chorus in the night.

As the eerie chant subsided, a distant roar echoed through the air. A winged silhouette emerged from behind one of the mountains to their right, exhaling flames into the night sky – Aldernari had arrived. Arnakhor's eyes narrowed with satisfaction, his wicked smile deepening as the massive grey dragon soared low over the army, unleashing a mighty roar that reverberated through the ranks. The entire legion erupted in cheers, a cacophony that would strike fear into the hearts of any who heard it.

The dragon gracefully swung around, landing on a jagged outcropping of rocks, its vigilant gaze fixed upon the advancing army. A sense of anticipation hung heavy in the air – their time had come.

Note: Even if you didn't listen to the song on the last one, I highly recommend listening to it on this. I kind of think of it as the "end credits" song for Part 1 of the story. It fits with the feel of the whole story very well.