Chapter 12 - Don't stop feeling

Here we were, laying in the couch, watching tv. Me with my head on his chest, not really sure on how we got into this position. He had offered me a hug and I had gladly accepted the comforting gesture. Then we had just ended up slowly and carefully gliding down into a laying position with half my body on top of him. The time was probably really late now but none of us mentioned it, to be honest we didn't really talk anyway. Just kind of cuddled, for comfort of course. At least that's what I tried to tell myself it was, but deep down in my heart I couldn't help but feel satisfied with feeling his body against mine. It felt right and I could hear his heart beat in unison with mine. I had never believed those statements in books, never really thought it was possible for two hearts to beat as one but... I could swear our hearts did just that as we laid there.

"You asleep?" he whispered quiet, not wanting to wake me up if I was.

That's when I realized I had let my eyes drop, so I opened them and lifted my head a little to be able to meet his eyes.

"No, you want to sleep? You want me to go? I should go" I said and started to raise but before I even could lift more than an inch he had pulled me down again with the arm he had wrapped around my waist.

"No! I mean... we could at least finish watch this movie" he suggested.

I eyed the tv and saw that 'Pitch Perfect' was on, half of the movie had already played out. So I decided it wouldn't hurt just to lay here a bit longer.

"Okay, but let me know the second you want me off, I don't want you to not be able to breath because of me" I mumbled and he agreed.

"Sure, but just so you know, I don't mind you on top of me" I saw his eyes widen as he heard himself, "I didn't mean... I... not..." I chuckled and shook my head.

"Relax, I understood what you meant" I said before I laid my head on his chest again, feeling my eyes slowly close again.

He let go off the breath he had started to hold when he had let out the weird confession. Or not really weird since I didn't quite mind laying like this either. My eyes closed soon enough and I focused on listening to the sound from the movie and the sound of his heartbeats and breathing. It calmed me down so fast that I didn't have a chance against the sleep that hit me. But just the second before I was in too deep I swear I could feel his lips gently move in my hair.

"I can't believe you actually tried to find his number!" I complained as I once again found Lanie trying to get me to say I had a crush on the man.

"You can't expect me not to, hello!? You need to meet him again and ask him out or get him to ask you out!" she stated and I groaned. "Oh come on Kate! You were deep in depression before you read his books, and it wasn't until you started reading them that you started to get life in those cheeks again! You should definitely try talk to him again" she continued to torture me.

She knew why I had been depressed, and she knew how I got out of it and out of my obsession of finding my mom's murderer. His books had helped me more than I thought books were even possible to help anyone. Which was probably why I couldn't stop blushing every damn time I was thinking about him and the fact that I had met him not that long ago. His books had become like therapy for me and it had led t me not needing go to real therapy once I decided to let go of my dark obsession. I had also decided to help my dad out of his, and together we had made it. He was no longer an alcoholic and I hadn't touched my mother's case in almost a year.

"Fine, I will stop dragging on about this, as long as you promise me to not let it go completely" she said and I gave her a confused face.

"What do you mean?" I narrowed narrowed my eyes at her.

Finding homeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara