Chapter 34 - Molly

"Beckett!" I heard Ryan's voice call on me and I immediately turned towards the sound.

He came jogging towards me and I noticed his face was showing mixed emotions, but one of them were happy.

"What?" I questioned harsh, dying to know whatever he knew.

"One guy... he heard Billy say he was going to this farm where he'd leave Molly, the reason he remembered was because he had practically bragged into the phone how he'd 'fooled the power' " Ryan said making quotations in the air.

"Which farm?" Castle asked before I got the chance.

"Espo is locating it right now, he's with the guy, making sure we get his name and such for when and if we need him again" at the exact moment Ryan had closed his mouth Esposito was jogging towards us.

"I got it!" he called out and after he'd said the location we ran to our cars and drove.

This time I was the one driving, telling Castle I couldn't put on the sirens if he drove but that if I drove we would get to Molly faster. He didn't even try to argue against it. It didn't take many minutes to get to the farm but it felt like forever. I kept cursing at the drivers and traffic while Castle sat quiet, not commenting a word that I was saying. The second we were at the farm I jumped out of my car and I was about to just ran into the farm without even thinking but, probably for the best, Castle managed to catch me before that happened. I almost knocked him down for keeping me but he quickly told me that I needed a vest if I was going in there.

"Fine" was the only thing I could get out of me before I turned to my car again to get to the trunk.

I opened the trunk and quickly put on my vest before I took out a spare one to hand it to Castle.

"I-I..." he had a very weird look on his face while he looked at me but avoided my eyes.

"What?" I questioned and his eyes snapped up to mine as he cleared his throat.

"Nothing" he said taking the vest I held out and put it on.

I took out my gun as my partners came towards us.

"We'll take the back of the house, we should go in quietly" they planned and I nodded.

"Where should I be?" Castle asked and I looked at him.

"Have my back" I said without hesitating.

Esposito looked at me with an insecure look but I ignored it. I deep inside knew he would be the toughest one to crack when it came to trusting Castle, but I hoped he wouldn't go too hard on him before he started to trust him.

"Can I have a gun then?" Castle asked carefully with a small hope in his voice.

I took out the extra piece I kept hidden in my trunk and controlled it was loaded before I handed it to the man in front of me. He looked surprised but took it carefully.

"Kate" Esposito said with a warning voice but I just waved with my hand.

"Not now Javi, we're doing this" I said closing the trunk and signaling for us to get going.

My partners went around the house while me and Castle walked to the front door as quickly but as silently as I could. I quietly counted to twenty, the number we always counted to once we split up to be sure we walk into the house we're going into at the same time, and reached for the door knob. I turned it and to my relief it wasn't locked so I opened the door and held up my gun in case I'd stumble across someone. Walking inside I felt Castle tense up behind me and I tried to ignore it while I let my eyes roam the room. The hall was dark, and when we got further inside I saw the light under a door further in on my left. Before me and Castle could reach the door I heard feet running somewhere on our right.