Chapter 21 - Blushing awkward

Lanie pretty much interrogated the poor man, I really didn't like the way she was talking to him in the beginning. She kept asking him a lot of questions about how he lost Alexis, if he had done something and I kept giving her a look telling her to shut it especially since I saw what the questions did to Castle. After about five questions or so she stopped asking about that and moved on to the more 'safe' things like what he liked to do and stuff like that. Before I knew it we were all three sitting in the living room on the floor by the couch laughing and I had almost totally forgotten how harsh she had been in the beginning, even though I knew that part was mostly to make sure I was right and not blinded by the crush I'd always had on him.

"Oh my god Kate, do you remember that party where you got so drunk that you..."

"Hell no! Lane you promised you would never ever speak of that night again! I'm warning you, don't you dare tell him!" I shouted out, cutting her off and I saw the disappointment in Castle's face almost immediately.

"Yeah but it's such a funny story come on!" she begged and Castle made a puppy face.

"Come on, Kate, I wanna hear about the story" he begged, pouting his lips and I narrowed my eyes.

"Over my dead body!" I said and Lanie laughed.

"Well, that we could..." Castle started, looking at Lanie and she nodded while I looked at both of them, terrified about what they were thinking.

Suddenly they both attacked me and I felt their fingers going all over my body tickling me as if their lives depended on it. I bursted out laughing trying to fight them off, Lanie soon retreated and I had a feeling she enjoyed watching us a little too much. I could hear her continue laughing as Castle continued to tickle me before he, out of the blue, crashed his mouth on mine and I immediately stopped laughing to kiss him back. His hands started to roam my body for a completely different reason than tickling and the only thing I could think about was him, I'd forgotten Lanie was in the same room until she let go of an 'awe'. That's when I immediately pushed Castle off me and felt my cheek go redder than ever before I put my face in my hands as I tried to catch my breath.

"You two are adorable!" Lanie exclaimed and I peeked out from behind my hands.

I sat up again and I looked at Castle who had his eyes set on me with a proud smile. I bit my lip and felt the blush deepen on my cheeks.

"Now, about that story" Lanie began and I sent her a death glare.

"If you tell him I will post that video of you on the internet" I threatened and she immediately narrowed her eyes.

"Oh no you wouldn't" she said with a small shock showing in her voice.

"Try me" I dared and I saw her defeat.

"Fine. Joykiller" she mumbled and I couldn't stop the gloating smile spreading on my lips.

I heard Castle sigh in disappointment beside me and I stuck out my tongue against him. I retreated my tongue the second I heard small feet in the stairs and looked over there to see Alexis and Molly coming down. Alexis shone up the second she laid eyes on Lanie and quickly set off her steps towards her foster-aunt.

"Lanie!" she shouted out and through her arms around my best friend.

"Hey sweetie!" Lanie shouted back in an excited voice.

"What you doing?" Molly asked us as she came up to us as well.

"Well, me and Lanie here just attacked Kate in a tickle war, we won" Castle said in a smug tone and I rolled my eyes.