iCandy

Alice

I told you I liked the Red dress better, it send a message" Dee said sitting on my Bed. "Yeah it sends a message, it says that you down to fuck" Charity chimed in. They had volunteered to help me find an outfit for tonight, as it stood Dee wanted me to wear a tight sleeveless body con red dress. That stopped just above my knees. While Charity wanted me to wear a more conservative beige dress that slightly hugged my body and stopped directly underneath my knees, frankly I wasn't a fan of either. "Well excuse me, but I don't think she should dress like a damn librarian." Dee rolled her eyes. "Well I don't think she should be dressed like a streetwalker" Charity spat back. I just shook my head and continued searching for the right dress. Charity and Dee were always amusing when they got together, while Charity was my conservative little angel, who refrained from pushing limits. Dee was my wild, bad girl, always willing to cross the line. Yet with those differences they loved each other dearly. "Guys I think i found it" I sung cutting off their fight. I pulled out a gold halter knee length body con with black flecks decorated sprinkled throughout the dress. "Perfect" they said in unison. "Not to short" Charity smiled "Yeah girl and you show off that phat ass" Dee joined in. "Let's pray it fits" I began to change into the dress hoping I hadn't gain too much weight.

Jared

I checked my outfit for the umpteenth time, still not feeling my usual confident self. "Dude if you change one more time, I swear I will kill you "I smiled at my brothers threats as he sat on m y couch drinking beer. "I just want it to be perfect" I replied fixing my shirt. "You're fine" he sighed not bothering to look. "Man you would be massacred in Afghanistan" he teased ,he never forgot to mention how hardcore the Marines were and how my so called 'girly attitude wouldn't be tolerated' of course I never took it to heart to me he was the same kid I grew up with . "So I've heard" I responded checking the clock, to see i have 20 minutes to go pick up Alice. "Alright I'm leaving so don't destroy the place " I said rushing out the door ready to pick up the most amazing woman in the world.

Knock Knock. I knocked on Alice's door, feeling familiar butterflies flutter in my stomach. I heard the door creak open and was surprised to see a young black woman with long Brown hair open the door. "Well don't you look nice" the woman complimented, she didn't look bad herself she had a figure I'm sure many would call plus sized but she was curved nicely, of course not as well as Alice. "Thank you....i think I have the wrong apartment" I replied confused. "No you're in the right place. Hi I'm Dee and Alice will be out in a minute. So come in?" She ushered me into the apartment where I was immediately assaulted by a rainbow of colors. "Alice, your man in here" the woman sung. "Shit" I heard Alice curse and smiled, happy to know I wasn't the only one struggling this evening. "I'm a go check on her." Dee left me in the room giving me a moment to take it all in. The whole place screamed Alice and Bruce from the colors thrown around the walls to the toys spread on floor. My eyes fell on a Flash action figure and I imagined little Bruce playing Hero with it. Speaking of which I hadn't heard or seen him since I got here I had hoped to see him, but perhaps his mother didn't want to see us behaving so casually. "Damn" I sighed thinking, how hard it is to hop from boss to boyfriend on its own now with a child thrown in the mix it makes it that much harder.

"Uhm" I looked over to the hallway to see a short Black woman with dark skin and a shoulder length curls her face didn't hold the playfulness that i saw in Dee's it was clear she was a force to be reckoned with. "Im Charity, and I present to you Ms. Tremaine." She stepped aside revealing Alice. She was sexy as FUCK. I winced at the crude description my mind had come up with but it fit perfectly. She wore a knee length Gold dress that hugged every curve to perfection; her hair was in long waves , that after years of friendship I had learned are Body waves. Her face held the right amount of makeup just enough to look human, and not like a doll. She shot me a quizzical look, that's when i noticed I had stared for far too long. "You look great" I finally said. "She better with the way you staring" Dee commented causing us all to laugh. So far so good.

Alice

   'I can't believe this, we have been coworkers and friends for years, we should be chatting like old friends. Yet here I am, shaking on his car like a teenage girl with a crush.' I chided myself. "So you look great" I finally said, feeling like a fool. "Thanks so do you" He took his eyes off the road momentarily "As i said before you look good too" he replied. "Uhm, I believe you said great' I pouted playfully. "Ha-ha, my mistake, Alice you look amazing." He laughed and I felt my nerves settle perhaps this would be awkward after all. "So what was Jean's issue the other day?" I asked genuinely curious.  "Nothing major, just having issues with his agent setting him up with roles he clearly wasn't suited for." He explained, "Like what?" I pushed, worker Alice would let it go, but date Alice would test her luck. "They tried to set him with a role as a straight white family man" He sighed probably not wanting to talk about work on a date. "Sorry I know work is the last thing you want to talk about "I apologized feeling a bit silly at how bad I was at dating. "No it's not you, Jean can be a handful at times. Luckily he made it up to me by giving me two tickets tonight" he smiled, "Yay, I always wanted to go to one of her shows, but i always had something come up."  I admitted "Well nothing should come up tonight" He replied and as if the universe heard us, his phone rang throughout the car. "Like I said nothing get's in the way tonight" He explained denying the call. I couldn't help but feel a little special, I've seen this man answer a business call while talking to his mother.

Needless to say the car ride went smooth from that point on ,and we arrived at iCandy in the heart of downtown Philly. We parked around back in the staff lot and walked inside to meet the Queens, I was stunned by how beautiful everyone was, even the average gay men looked amazing. We took our seats at our VIP table and waited for the show to begin. "Having Fun?" he asked "Yes, this place is great. and a bit intimidating, never have I felt so plain" I replied. "Trust me you are far from plain" He said planting a sweet kiss on my hand. I felt my heart do jumping jacks and reminded myself not to fall in love on the first date, but just looking in his eye's I felt that it was already too late.