Daddy's secret

Jared

Just once I want to be able to take Alice to meet my family and not come home angry and disappointed, after my 'talk' with my father the night was pretty mellow although I couldn't shake the feeling that a storm was brewing. Now it was midnight Bruce and Alice were sleeping soundly and I couldn't even shut my eyes for more than five minutes without thinking of what my father could have said to Alice. "Honey?' I heard Alice's voice "Yes' I stepped off the balcony connected to my bedroom and saw her sitting up in bed "Why are you still up" she yawned "couldn't sleep, I have a lot on my mind" I admitted "Care to share?' she asked, I contemplated dodging the question but knew it wouldn't be right to lie to her again "Yeah, I was wondering what you and my father talked about" her eyes shot open and even in the dim moonlit room I could tell she was scared. "Umm..." I grabbed her hand and willed her to tell me

"Your father, isn't much of a fan of our relationship" she gave an empty laugh "he wants me to leave you, in fact he even offered me 2 million to do it" I was outraged by the audacity of this man, "and?" I asked her "Well" She left the bed and retrieved her purse from our closet she came back and showed me the check my father wrote. "I didn't take it because I agreed, I just didn't want you to feel like I was lying" she hurried to explain herself, it was clear my lack of faith in her still hurt. "No I believe you, I'm just stunned he would go that far" I sighed "Well, he could go pretty far....he said if we didn't break up he would fire you" her eyes began to water and I knew this must have been plaguing her mind all night "Honey, don't cry" I held her as she cried silent tears into my chest "Why is everyone against us?" she said muffled and I smiled at her childish voice "Because people are dicks...and not everyone is against us you Mother seems okay with our relationship, and Dee and Charity are on board. Kyle couldn't be happier about for us, so we have supporters not as much as I would have liked but its fine." I rocked her

"Maybe we should just be realistic and call it off?" She suggested, tearing herself away from my chest I felt my heart break for her. "No we shouldn't, look Alice if you want to leave me because I no longer make you happy or I've hurt you then fine but not because of some self-righteous prick" I replied "That prick is your father" she replied "Yes, and it kills me that he can't be happy for me, but it's okay I'll be happy regardless" I shot back "He could take everything you worked for" She argued "Correction he can try....Sure he'll sick his friends from the board on me and vote me to be fired on some trumped up charges and he may succeed but what he doesn't know is that I have been covering their ass and I keep that company alive so in the end it will backfire on him" I laughed foreseeing the beginning of the end . "So then what you let the company you built crash out of spite?" she asked "No out of principal, he feels he can control my life he is in for a rude awakening. Besides I have always teetered with the idea of opening my own agency, it's about time I got serious" I explained, I had originally planned to open up an agency 5 years from now but no time like the present. "You're serious" She looked surprised "As a heart attack" I winked. "Jared I don't know, I've been here before once you cross David he ruins you" She squeezed my hand "Let him try" I said with fierce determination.

Alice

Today was the day, I was going to become Mrs. Maverick Charity was helping me with my makeup and hair, and I was trying not to fidget in my white mermaid gown. "Would you hold still?' She said "Sorry it's hard with this dress it's pretty but very uncomfortable" I looked at down at my 6,000 dollar bedazzled wedding gown that Jared insisted I have, even if we were just signing some papers. "Well that is the price of beauty now hold still" she snapped, "What crawled up your ass?" I asked, confused by her aggression "Your brother in law won't stop hitting on me" she huffed although I knew she loved it. It was kind of cute seeing them bicker when it was so obvious that they liked one another. "Oh no, a cute available guy is hitting on you." I said with heavy sarcasm "Ugh he isn't my type. I need a man not a child" She replied "How would you know you don't like him when you don't talk to him?" I smiled "Oh we talked while trying to plan your 'Wedding' we talked all the time and he is way too immature for me" she had just finished my lipstick. "Sure he is, I bet you $20 that you will be sleeping together by the end of the week" I extended my hand, and saw her hesitation which made me wonder if they were sleeping together already. "No thank you, besides i-i-it's almost time to start" She stuttered and slipped on her silver strapless dress and heels that complemented my dress and silver stilettoes. "Ready?" She asked and I beamed from ear to ear, this time I was going to marry the right guy.

Jared

"Bruce don't jump on that" I asked my rambunctious step son to calm down, he has been excited for this day since we told him and now standing in my office with a judge, my brother and my Mother in law it all felt a little surreal. "Bruce you better cut that out" my mother in law always settled him down, "You ready?" she asked with a skeptical look "As I'll ever be" I replied, she huffed and went to take a seat next to Bruce on the couch. "I'll tell you what I'm ready to see Charity is something other than business clothes "Kyle said fixing his gold bow tie once more "Oh you two getting close?" I asked Alice and I made a bet that they were going to be dating in three months. "Kind of she is really standoffish but hey I always liked a challenge" He wagged his eye brows, "So you sure you're ready?" he asked "Positive" I replied, I had not a single jitter in my body I had never been more certain of anything in my life. I gave myself one more look over and felt proud in my white tux with gold accents and black tie my hair was styled well and I was ready to see my beautiful bride. The door creaked open and Charity and Alice stepped through the doorway and I was speechless, she looked stunning. Her hair was placed in an elegant bun and her curves were shown perfectly in her mermaid gown, her face brown eyes glowed like the night sky and her red lips tempted me to kiss them, she made her way to me and I couldn't believe my luck to find something so perfect in a world so cruel. I signaled the judge to start and we recited our vows and sealed it with a kiss our friend cheered while Bruce was grossed out.

Alice

I'M MARRIED, I screamed in my head afraid of looking like a lunatic in this nice restaurant Jared bought us out to. I squeezed his hand out of content, and watched Bruce go on and on about how handsome he looked in his little tux that matched Jared's. "So Mr. and Mrs. Maverick what's on the agenda?" Charity asked trying to sit a little away from Kyle. "Well we were going to shopping for the house, because no offense honey it is a little too dull in there" I stated "What I have some color" he defended "Yeah black, you need something lighter like...yellow" I offered "oh boy here she goes" Charity laughed " Not even married for two minutes and already redecorating" Kyle joined in "I won't change anything you don't want me to" I said "No it's fine you might have a point" he agreed and I smiled, it was nice to see my husband was agreeable. Dinner went splendidly with Jared and I talking about our future and Charity and Kyle bickering playfully, Bruce had dozed off after eating and my mom looked like she was ready to leave as well. So we all packed up and went our separate ways, all in all it was a good day for a wedding.

Jared

It was 10pm and I sat in my study browsing the web for a good building to start a company, when I saw Kyle call coming in on Skype. "Hey" I answered and noticed the stern look in his face "What's wrong?" I asked not sure if I wanted to know "Well, I did as you said and looked into Paula's finances and it turns out she isn't shelling any money to David, but she is getting a ton from Dad" my heart stopped clearly this was some mistake. "Are you sure?" I asked needing to be certain "Positive he has the funds coming from 3 different companies but I know it's him" my brother hasn't been close to my father since high school, in fact he hated him with every inch of his soul but I could tell he telling the truth. "But why, what does he gain with funding her?" I asked "Well it's not just her he is funding he has been giving money to a 'Charity' in LA, it looks like he is funding him too" I was beyond pissed I wanted to stay and try and hear the rest of the conversation but my rage had taken me out the door already I couldn't sleep until I knew just what the Hell my father was thinking by helping that Demonic Dick.