Deal?

Alice

Something wasn't right with Jared, sure he smiled at me and kissed me good morning and goodnight every day, but still I knew something was wrong. As we grew closer and closure to the weekend I noticed him becoming more and more distant, I wondered if it had anything to do with me and Bruce meeting his parent's. Sure I had met his mother and felt less than welcome and I didn't have high hopes for his father being open minded, but if I was going to marry Jared they were going to know who I was and, they will RESPECT me and my child. Before I knew it Saturday had arrived and I had just finished getting Bruce dressed in some nice gray slacks a white button up and violet suspenders, he looked absolutely adorable. I had dressed in a long violet maxi dress with a slit that came up to my left thigh. My hair was up in an elegant ponytail and Jared was dressed to the nines with a causal purple suit that bought out his green eyes.

"Okay we all ready" I asked my group as we buckled up in the car, Bruce smiled in response while Jared kept a tense expression, I placed my hand on his "Ready?" I asked again. "Of course" he show me his agent smile, the smile he wore at work when working with difficult clients, I felt uneasy and prayed for this one thing to go right. We drove to Jared's family home it was a massive mansion tucked away in Chestnut Hill, it was a bit of drive from the city and Bruce had almost fell asleep by the time we got there but he was wide awake when he saw outside the house. It was modest looking for the most part but the huge yard gave away their wealth. We parked and I felt my nerves shake for a moment before I regained my resolve and knew this meeting was a necessary evil. We entered the house and I was amazed by the simple décor style it really had a sweet suburban look. Once inside Mrs. Luisa the maid ushered us into the Kitchen where Jared's mother and father were drinking wine. "Jared sweetie so nice to see you...and Alice I am so glad you could make it" She added and I scoffed at her face politeness "Of course, and I want to introduce you to my son Bruce" I introduced Bruce and he shook her hand. I looked and Jared and noticed the death stares he was exchanging with his father. Something told me this was not going to be an easy night.

Jared

I kept eye contact with the old man, Roy and dared him to break his gaze, It was almost like looking into an mirror of the future. He had my same height, while his build was a little flabby and while he had a head full of thick hair it was all white, he had the stern face of a business man a face he taught me to have along with a couple of other body language tricks, his eyes however were gifted to my brother and not me. It was clear he hadn't agreed to attend out of respect for my choice to be with Alice, no my father had come to start a war. Mr. and Mrs. Maverick we have one more guest. I looked at the doorway to see Paula dressed in a long black maxi dress "Hope I'm not late" She said, with a wicked smirk I looked at Alice and saw the fierce lioness look in her eyes and couldn't be prouder, if they wanted a war they were going to get one.

After an hour of passive aggressive comments thrown back and forth, and a few innocent comments from Bruce dinner time had come and Luisa had served us her famous Fajitas and Spanish rice. I sat beside Alice sending her encouraging glances as we fought to control our anger. "So Bruce, you are polite young man did you get it from your father?" Paula asked, I was about to lose it when I felt Alice squeeze my hand "Actually he got it from me, my mother taught me manners unlike other" She replied, I felt a smile creep on my face. The rest of the dinner was geared to talking to Bruce, and it cut the tension down fully it was hard to be cruel around someone as sweet as Bruce.

Alice

It is taking all I can to not beat the shit out of Paula, especially after her threat against my child. Nonetheless I maintained composure, thankfully we managed to shift the conversation to Bruce who had no problem with being the center of attention. Finally dinner came to an end and we all headed to the living room to get to know one another. I really didn't want to talk to them after all I think I know all I need to, they were pretentious pricks, but they were going to be my in laws and I needed to at least respect that. "So I noticed Kyle isn't here?" I mentioned and judging by the crushed look on Rachel, Jared's mothers face, I could tell I shouldn't have mentioned it. "I'm-"before I could apologize she held up one hand "its fine, he just doesn't come around much anymore." She said leaving me more confused than before. I thought I had family issues but the Mavericks take the cake, everything about this family was shrouded in mystery. To make things simple I just began to compliment her home, she perked up at the thought of talking décor. I loved watching people talk about their passion, and it made me glad to see her opening up even if it was just a little. She began to ask questions about me and I wasn't sure whether I was ready to be as open but I gave it a shot regardless, I told her how much I admired Talent agents and how I inspired to be one, I let her know how my goal was to make peoples impossible dreams come true, and for once I think Maggie and I were getting along.