Warning

Jared

The silence in the car was deafening, I was still trying to process what I just witnessed. Alice, my sweet angel, was now a murderer a justified one but a murder nonetheless. "I'm going to kill her too Jared" Alice broke the silence. "What?" I asked confused where her confession came from "Paula, I'm killing her I thought about it over and over and the only way she will leave me and Bruce alone is to end her life" She said without argument "Alice isn't that simple she isn't just some ex-con or bitter employee, she runs a corporation she has thousands of followers. Even if we eliminate her there could be hundreds to take her place." I explained hoping to talk her off the edge, cause as it stood she was walking a dark road. "Then we kill them too" She smirked "Alice, we can't go into this without a plan, we have to think of the best way to keep you and Bruce safe without bloodshed. She shot me a glare and I could tell that isn't what she wanted to hear "No, That woman has ruined my life. If she would have seen her son for the abusive piece of shit that he was when I told her years ago we wouldn't be in this mess. No, she choose to ruin mine and countless others reputations, made me live in fear for years, and now she has the GODDAMN GALL TO TAKE MY SON!!!" she yelled I could tell there was no convincing her otherwise, in her eyes Paula died the moment she touched Bruce. "You can leave if you want?, I won't pull you into my drama any further we can go our separate ways and pretend this didn't happen if that's what you wish. Because if you stay with me you will be staying with the woman that destroys Paula. I need to know now are never are you with me?" She gave me a blank stare I couldn't tell what she was thinking but it couldn't be good. "Always" I held her hand and gave it a squeeze, if we go down then at least we go together.

Alice

I smiled when Jared squeezed my hand, I knew I should feel bad about killing Polly but just knowing she had something to do with my child's abduction was enough for me to eliminate her. Besides she the moment she admitted to knowing what Jared did meant she was a threat to my family's future, and I couldn't have that shit going on. After I shot Polly I noticed the look of disbelief on Jared's face, I was almost afraid he would turn me in but all he did was pull out his phone to call Kyle and ask for a cleanup. Once we got into the car the and the silence fell upon us I looked at Jareds face and saw fear, although I couldn't tell what it was aimed at, it could be for out son's disappearance or this new attitude he had witnessed in his wife. Yet all my doubt left when he squeezed my hand and let me know that he was with me through whatever came next.

We made it back to his apartment and just as I suspected Bruce and Charity were gone, yet knowing this was happening did not make me feel any better. I walked to Bruce's room saw his toys laid out as if he was just playing and fell to my knees in tears. "We'll get them back both of them I swear." Jared kneeled down beside me and held me close to his chest. "I know , but all I can think about is the fact that my child is out there scared and alone. Do you know how traumatized he must be, how confused he will be when Paula tells him about David?" I shook with angry sobs. "I know, but he isn't alone Charity is with him" he tried to reassure me, but all I could think of is the horrible things Paula may be doing to my friend. Hell, can I even say my friend is still alive? The woman who I've known since I was a child may be a corpse in some river. I cried harder at the thought of losing one of my best friends. "I'm sure Charity is okay, beneath all that crazy is a Christian woman and there is no bible that allows murder" Jared rocked me gently, he had a point no matter what Paula was still a woman of God, knowing that took away a bit of my sorrow. "You're right, and now is not the time for a pity party I have to call my mom and make sure she is okay" I stood up and went to look for my phone, today was the longest day of my life.

Jared

While Alice checked on her Mother, I relayed everything that happened at the docks to Kyle. "Damn well, you got one hell of a woman" Kyle laughed, he was just as shocked as I was "Yeah, well remember how I was afraid of traumatizing her. I think it's safe to say that she will be okay, however, I'm a little worried about her bloodlust. She wants Paula dead badly and I can't say I don't feel the same, but I don't think Alice will come up with a plan the way we did with David. I know that if Paula is in earshot of Alice she will rip her throat out." It was the first time I voiced my concerns "Look whatever happens you know I can handle damage control. Hey, by the way, have you heard from Charity? She isn't answering I thought maybe she was talking to Alice" Kyle asked, I had left out the part about Charity for as long as I could I never want to upset my brother but I knew he had the right to know. "Yeah, um about Charity it looks like she was taken with Bruce," I said ready for the hollering "What?" He asked in a scarily calm voice. "We came home and found that she was missing as well, we can't say for sure but her purse is still here and due to the circumstances it's highly probable that she was taken too" I explained ready to hear a torrent of swears but all I got was silence.

"Kyle, talk to me?" I asked "Sorry Bro just wondering what gun would be best for that cunt," he said as if he was asking which shoes to wear for the day. "OH Kyle come on? I already got Alice to worry about I can't handle you too" I said in frustration "You come on Jared. When it was Alice you were fine with killing David for her, so now that it's the woman I love, you want me to show restraint. Well, I'll tell you this, Alice should hope that she gets to Paula first because if I do I'm not letting that bitch die quickly." There it was the voice I hadn't heard since I got Kyle out of his little mercenary group, it was the cold tone of a murderer. "Kyle Pleas-" before I could finish my sentence he had hung up. "DAMMIT!!" I yelled throwing the phone on the couch before sinking down into it myself. 'Was I the only sane one here, because as it stood I had a missing son, a murderer for a wife, and now to make matter worst I have an ex-mercenary brother out there looking to kill as well. Today was not my day, yet I can at least be grateful that I'm not Paula seeing that the woman was screwed from all angles.' I thought to myself while trying to push away the hateful thoughts I had for Paula as well, I wanted her dead just like them but I had to stay sane for Bruce. So instead of plotting revenge, I tried to concoct a plan.

Alice

My body was a mess it didn't know if it wanted to sleep or puke, I just chalked this all up to my stressful day, but I can't say this was the first time I felt like this in fact for the past week I have been exhausted. I pushed the thought away chalking it up to my nerves, I ran myself a bath and tried to calm myself down I knew this anger was getting me nowhere. The warm water did help a bit, it would have helped more if I didn't get out twice to throw up. Finally, I gave up and decided to just go to bed, once I was dressed and in the bedroom I noticed my phone light blinking meaning I got some notification. I assumed it would be from Facebook or something but was surprised to see that was my period tracker, it said I was due to start today. Which was funny since I can usually tell when it's coming but lately I have had no signs like that only signs of. "Oh no," I said to myself, I couldn't possibly be pregnant not now while all this was going on, but the more I thought about the more likely it seemed. I wanted to run to the store to get a test but didn't want to alert Jared until I knew for sure. So I decided to tell him that I was going for a drive to clear my mind, he nodded and said I should take my time. Once I was out the door I sped down to the garage took his car and made my way to the nearest 711.

Jared

Ring Ring. I saw an unknown number appear on my phone and answered immediately I was hoping it was Paula so I could attempt to set up a meeting with her so we could get Bruce back. Imagine my surprise when I heard Charity's voice on the other line. "Hey Jared, I don't have long but I need to tell you that Paula is plotting some sick shit for Alice. Whatever you do don't let her out of your sight." Charity whispered it was clear she was hiding from someone. "Wait. What?" I tried to make sense of what I just heard "Don't leave Alice alone, I don't know when and I don't know where but Paula wants her dead. She tried to kill me too but I ran before it could happen, please tell Kyle I'm okay and like I said don't let Alice be alone for even a minute... I have to go I think they spotted me" Charity hung up the phone and I shook with fear and rage, Alice was already gone on a drive and her phone was here on the charger. I raced to the computer and uploaded the tracker for the jaguar that she took on her drive and raced down to meet her at the 711 she was parked near. The whole drive there I prayed I wasn't too late and that Alice was okay. Man Today really needs to end.