Apology

Alice

It's been a good three weeks since the picture leak and although I hadn't heard any of the secretaries talk about it since our last meeting. I felt that the scandal was far from squashed. "Mommy, look" I took a moment to look up from my screen and see a childish drawing of Jared's car "Is this Mr. Mavericks car?" I asked afraid to guess in case I was wrong. "Yep, can you give it to him please?" Bruce asked sweetly while peering through me with those big brown eyes. "Of course I can" I took his drawing and began to walk Jared's office, I was hoping this would give us a chance to talk about why he's been distant. SLAMMM. I heard his hand hit the desk and knew this probably wasn't the best time for this I began to hightail it out of there. "Alice" He called my name in such a sweet manner I was caught dead in my tracks. "Hi, I see that you're busy and I will just come back later" I began for the door again "No it's fine really stay" he pleaded "What did you need?"  He ran his hand through his hair in a nervous motion, it was like speaking to a crushing schoolboy. 'Maybe he does care' I smiled to myself. "Well Bruce wanted to give this to you" I handed him the drawing and watched his face light up he took a tack and nailed it to the cork board sitting on his desk. "Please, tell him thank you?" He said "Of course," I smiled and searched for something to say to bring us back to normal but nothing came to mind.

"May I ask what all that was about?"  I voiced my curiosity, hoping it would start a conversation like old times. "I can't tell you" He said through gritted teeth, it was clear that was a dead end. "Okay.... I was wondering if you would like to come over for dinner tomorrow night?" I asked him feeling my body tremble slightly with fear of rejection 'What is wrong with me? Three weeks ago he was just my Boss borderline friend and now I'm shaking like he is the cool kid I'm asking to prom. ' I thought to myself. "It's fine if you don't want to come"  I gave him the out he was looking for. "No Alice, I would love to come it's just that..." He hesitated trying to think of an excuse. "It's fine, look we tried and it just didn't work, and that's fine, But Jared does that mean we can't be friends." I said not wanting to hear the lies.

"No, Alice that night we went out was amazing at least...for me it was" He chuckled nervously, "It was great for me too, but ever since you don't talk to me" I didn't want to have this conversation today ,but better now than never. "We talk everyday" He defended "No we work there is a difference ,and you know that" I crossed my arms defiantly daring him to lie to me again. "Ugh, you're right... I should have told you these weeks ago but the night we went out someone took a picture of us and leaked it to someone in the office." I felt my blood run cold as he explained I tried my best to contain the problem and yet here it was fucking with my relationship. "Don't worry I am doing everything I can to find who did it?" He explained "How did you find out?" I asked "A coworker of ours sent me the picture" I was livid, after everything I said and those bitches still had the balls to fuck with him. "Those cunts" I said, refusing to be silent any longer "You knew?" he slowly came to the realization that I wasn't as ignorant as he thought. "Yes I got an email from one of the secretaries weeks ago , but I made them delete the picture and they don't talk about it anymore." I defended "Hahaha, so all this time while I was trying to protect you , you were doing the same for me" He laughed ,causing me to  laugh as well ,looking back on it we were both being pretty silly. "So... What now?" I asked I didn't want to leave this room without some sense of where we stood.

Jared

I looked at Alice's face and saw the face of a strong woman ready to take on anything, but I saw the fear in her eye's that begged me not to give up on us.  "Now I think it's time I apologize for doing this to you. I was trying so hard to preserve what we were building that I completely neglected what we had." I walked around my desk and took her hand and tried to convey my regret. "Forgive me?" I asked. "Well I don't know you have three weeks to make up to me" She teased wrapping her arms around my neck; her eyes gave off a lustful glint. "Oh well I better get started" I placed a small peck on her lips savoring the taste of her cherry chap stick as soon as I started pulling away she pulled me down for a more inviting kiss. I had tried to keep my lust at bay but once her tongue was in my mouth all bets were off, this had been years in the making and I couldn't believe I put it off for another three weeks. "Mommy?" I heard Bruce ask for his mother and felt Alice pull away immediately "Shit" she said fixing her skirt I had rumpled in our quick make out session "Coming sweetie" She practically sprinted towards the door.  "So we will see you tomorrow?" She asked before leaving the room "Of course" I replied still reeling from that kiss, once she left the room I had to take a moment to adjust my pants.  

Alice

I was flying from that kiss; a month ago I couldn't have imagined being so forward with my boss. Yet a couple of seconds ago I was swapping saliva with him. "Did he like it?" Bruce asked bringing me back, "He loved it, and he is coming over tomorrow for dinner so you can show him more drawings" his face lit up like a Christmas tree. "Really?" he asked "Yep, so that means you have to clean your room when we get home and get your gallery ready" I said "Gallery?" he asked confused "Yeah all artist have a gallery, it's like a tiny museum for art" I explained as best I could to a child, after all we go to the museums all the time. "Oh okay, maybe he will like my justice league drawings" he looked as if he had just struck gold. "I'm sure he will" I said while taking a seat at my desk , I hope my plan to slowly bring Jared into our lives in a more intimate way would work as well as I was imagining.

Jared

I took a seat at my desk, and ignored the urge to call Alice back in here so we could continue what we started. When I saw my cell phone light up, and read the message from my private investigator that made my blood boil all over again. WE GOT HIM.