The Offer

Jared

Even while going over 100 mph I still didn't feel like I was getting to Alice fast enough. I looked over to Kyle who was loading his guns, and I can't help but think that I am the only sane one here, and I'm the one that beat a man to death not that long ago. "Is there anyway I can talk you out of immediately killing her? " I asked once more being the voice of reason, " No and I don't see why you would even try, especially after everything she has done. I mean you did beat a man to death after he threatened Alice and now you're squeamish about shooting this evil old bitch?" He asked me "Look I want her to suffer but, killing her isn't as easy as it was with David. He was an ex con, who already had a history with drugs it was an easy cover up. Paula is a well respected preacher, who is known nationwide, she goes missing and it becomes something huge." I explained, I hated that woman more than anyone but I can't kill her until I had a plan for how to cover it up. "Ugh you may have a point" He sighed " Look just because she gets to live doesn't mean she won't suffer" I smiled I would make sure that she would pay for what she did one way or the other.

We pulled up three blocks down from Alice's location, Kyle grabbed his duffel bag with our sniper rifle and two handguns we were in a shady neighborhood and there weren't that many people around just the occasional crackhead or thug. Neither intimidated or interested me but judging the way looked at me told me and Kyle they must have been considering approaching us, but I shot everyone to glare at me a cold eye and they went on their way. After five minutes of walking we made it to an abandon warehouse we saw five men stalking the building no doubt Paula hired them to watch the building. Kyle and I posted up behind a broke down car. I grabbed the sniper rifle and and looked through the scope to get a better look at the men walking around and looked on top of the building see if they had a sniper . I smirked Paula's men, it was clear Paula didn't do this often seeing that there was no sniper and all the men were waiting by the front door. I fired at the two men standing at the door and shot the three men that looked around out of fear. I hoped that whoever was inside didn't hear I needed to keep the element of surprise. Once all the men were down we ran to the door and before I knew it Kyle kicked it open I was at the ready with his handgun. We looked around the warehouse and were surprised to see Charity pointing a gun at us. "Charity" Kyle dropped his gun and ran to hug her, but as shocking as that was. What truly caught me off guard was Alice pointing a handgun at a sobbing Paula.

Alice

I was briefly shocked when I saw Jared and Kyle but didn't move the gun I had pointed at Paula. "Alice stop " Jared said " I told you Jared when I found this bitch I was going to kill her" I said, and I would have done it the moment she let me go but I still didn't know where Bruce was. "Alice please, killing her is just going to everything worse." He tried to convince me, and for a second I reconsidered murdering her after I was given Bruce's location. "How can you defend her after everything she's done? Our kids will never be safe as long as she is living!?!" I screamed out of frustration " Trust me I hate her too but this is only going to make things more complicated. For God Sakes she is a national preacher she has thousands of followers she won't disappear the way David did....did you say kids?" he asked confused, I didn't want to reveal my pregnancy while debating the whether or not to kill Paula. "I'm pregnant" I sighed this wasn't how I wanted to tell him, I wanted it to be at home with Bruce and I telling him together. I was glad when I saw a huge smile spread on Jared's face it warmed my heart to know that I had a man who smiled at the idea of us expanding our family. "That's more reason not to do this, Do you really want to put our child in danger. Because if you kill her then that's it we will be on the run, it's up to you." he said. He was right killing her just meant condemning our family to run in fear and I was tired of running. I dropped the gun and Paula kept sobbing out of control. "Well what do we with her?" asked the million dollar question.

Jared

What do we do with Paula? I asked myself after everything that happened could we really just let her go, but before I could come to a conclusion Paula was wrestling Alice for the gun. I rushed over to pull Paula off her when I heard a BANG. everything went silent I pulled Paula off of Alice and saw the Blood pouring out of Alice's side. Everything went by so quickly at one moment I saw Alice eyes close the next i was helping her into the back of one of Paula's men vehicles. Before I knew it I was on the phone with Kyle who was following close behind in my car giving me directions to the house of a doctor that he often uses.

It was almost midnight and I was sitting on the couch in the living room of Doctor Ghans, he was a tall Indian man with a scruffy black beard. Although he didn't really look like a doctor, he had on a white t shirt with Marvel written across it, and a had on light blue jeans he looked no older than 20. Kyle vouched for him and he did save both my wife and unborn child so he was fine in my book. I was still recovering from everything that's just happened "Hey how you holding up?" Charity asked sitting next to me "Not great I just found out I was going to be a father and now I'm scared out of mind that i'm going to lose both my wife and child" I said letting out my frustration a little more than I wanted to.

"Sorry...it's been a long day" I apologized "Yeah trust me I know" she sighed "By the way. Thank you for keeping her safe" I thanked her "She's my best friend I would go to for her" she smiled "I have to know when you were taken did you see where they took Bruce?" I asked hopeful for any clue as to where he was. "No Im sorry they separated us and blindfolded me" she said "It was a long shot, by the way how are you still alive I assume Paula ordered you be killed?' I asked trying to get my mind off my Alice's condition. "She did but she hired some weak ass guys, which made it easy to get away all I had to do was distract one with sex and the get his gun then it was over. I used one of their phones and saw that Paula was planning on kidnapping Alice I got the details and made my way their. I snuck in the back door and hid till they bought here in. ' She explained "Wow how did you learn to do all that?" I asked " My dad was a marine, and swore that the government was going to kill us all so he trained me" she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Jared she's awake" Dr Ghan came to get me and I felt a flush of relief, he had told me she was stable but it did nothing to still my nerves. I walked into Dr Ghans bedroom and saw Alice covered in a over sized white t shirt. "Hey" She greeted me "Hey yourself" I replied. Looking at her made me want to weep she was so pale and all could think of was how lifeless her eye's looked after the shot.

Alice

I knew I was in bad shape by the way Jared looked at me. "How's the baby?" I asked the question that was burning through my mind "The baby's fine" he sighed sitting on the edge of the bed "Oh thank god I was so scared we lost her" I felt relieved that my baby was safe " Her?" he asked "Oh yeah I just have a feeling its a girl" I smiled "Isn't it too early for that" he laughed "Yeah I guess it's more like wishful thinking" I admitted happy to smile again after the day we just had. "A daughter sounds perfect" he held my hand "Yeah, now we just need to get our son back" I gave an empty laugh, trying to hide my worry for Bruce's whereabouts "We're going to find him, and we are going to make sure nothing like this happens again" he comforted me, and I wish I could believe him I wasn't so sure.

Jared

"Charity please watch after her I have to go take care of something" I said while Charity nodded while maintaining a confused look. I made my way to the roof of Dr Ghans apartment building. Where Paula was tied to a chair and Kyle was giving her a eerie smile "Ah Jared, just in time Paula was telling me that there was absolutely no way she was going to tell us where Bruce is" Kyle kept his smile he was having way too much fun with this. "Oh you're going to tell us." I said "What makes you so sure of that?" she asked more confident than she looked "Because if you tell me where Bruce is, I'll help you get back at my father".

Alice's Book Club (BWWM)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें