Five

Five

"You ready?" Genny asked as I put the last of my stuff away. I nodded and pulled my phone out of my pocket. "I just need to text my mom first and let her know." She nodded
and leaned against the lockers while typing away on her phone. Classes were just getting out so the hallways were crowded as we piled into an elevator.

"Hey stranger." I nearly jumped out of my skin at the voice behind me. "Oh my god Caleb! Don't do that!" He grinned, flashing his dimples at me. Genny scowled at him for scaring me. She may have been excited earlier when she heard I was going out for him, but in all honesty she hated the guy. She was probably just excited to be around someone with a more exciting life than her.

Oh god. I sound bitchy. Yep, I definitely need a coffee. Caleb and I made small talk for a while about the date and parted when we got to the main floor. Genny hooked her arms through mine affectionately as we strolled towards her car.

"So I spoke with the manager and he was a little hesitant but I assured him you'd be great for the job." I snorted and gave her look. She shrugged, keeping her eyes on the road while she spoke. I silently urged her to drive faster, the girl drove slower than my grandma. "Dude, hurry up or I'm going to be late." She rolled her eyes but sped up. "Calm down speedy gonzolas, we're here."

-2 hours later-

"I got the job!" I squealed when I got home. A clanking sound sang from the kitchen before my mom came running out squealing as she enveloped me in her arms. "I'm so proud of you! Baby! When do you start?!" I pulled back to look at her and smiled. "Tomorrow. They wanted to go over the whole layout with me." She cracked a small smile and tucked a stray hair behind my ear. "That's great. Let me know how it goes?" I rolled my eyes and sat down at the table. "You know I will."

She kissed me on the forehead and padded over to the fridge to pour herself some orange juice. "I'm on call tonight, so I was thinking you could have that friend of yours over and order some pizza?" My brows raised in surprise. She usually never let me have friends over on a school night because she'd thought it'd stress me out. "Really?" She nodded, an amused smile on her face. "Really really." Just after she spoke the little pager at her hip started beeping. She looked at me apologetically. "Sorry honey, that's my cue." She kissed me on the cheek and left a couple bills on the table before grabbing her purse and leaving.

"Hey wait! What was I that package from earlier?" I yelled at her. Her head popped in a moment later with a confused look before it morphed into one of recognition. "Oh! Nothing, just some old stuff mom sent over."

She smiled and headed out a moment later, leaving me at the counter.

I sighed and pulled out my phone, excited to have a friend to invite over. Genny was excited as well, my ear drums nearly burst from all her squealing. She said she'd be over in about twenty minutes or so and that she'd just pick up pizza on her way and I can just pay her when she gets here. In the meantime, I decided to change into more comfy clothes and do some studying. I pulled on some low rise sweats and a black off the shoulder crop top and pulled my hair into a messy bun on my head before sprawling out onto my bed with a pen in my mouth as I tried to figure out my homework.

I couldn't understand the instructions. I couldn't fail the English quiz tomorrow. Maybe I could just go in early and ask her for help...Just thinking about the subject automatically made my mind go to Ms. Conner.

God she was so beautiful.

With her honey-gold hair and lovely long, toned legs....I just couldn't keep my eyes off her. The doorbell ringing snapped me out of my sinful thoughts. Sighing I hopped off my bed and ran to the door. "Hey." I greeted as Genny walked in, the smell of pizza wafting in after her. "You can just set that on the counter." I motioned to the pizza, my mouth practically watering as I looked at the greasy food.

Genny laughed at my expression and waved a piece in front of her face before taking a huge bite. I scowled at her and grabbed a piece, moaning as I bit into the cheesy goodness. "So, I was wondering," Genny fidgeted, "There's this club that I've been wanting to check out...and I was wondering if you'd go with me, tonight?" She bit her lip, a hopeful expression on her face.

I considered it, I had school in the morning and I knew my mom would flip if she heard I was doing this...but I really did want to go. Oh what the hell I'm only 18 once, right? I finished my pizza and wiped the grease off my face. "I'm in. But-" I started before she could start squealing. "I want to be home by midnight." She nodded. "Done." And then came the squealing. I laughed and plugged my ears as she danced around crazily.

"Okay come on! We gotta get you ready." She shoved me into my room and sat me down in the chair to await torture. "Okay so, we'll start with," I sighed and leaned my head back, listening to her bustle around the room, hoping this goes by fast.