Twenty Three

|Song: Steer By Missy Higgins|

Twenty Three

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. We basically just lazed around the house all day, cuddling and enjoying each other's company before the weekend ended.

I dreaded going back to school. Except for Genny and Juliette, I didn't really have anyone. We were currently sitting in the couch and watching a movie and I was trying to not fall asleep, but my eyes kept closing anyways.

"You alright love?" I startled awake at the sound of Juliette's voice.

She looked at me in amusement and reached over to tuck a stray piece of hair behind my ear. I yawned and nodded, before scooting a bit closer to her and laying my head in her lap. I nearly moaned aloud as her slender fingers massaged my scalp gently, chasing away a good portion of the headache I'd been experiencing for an hour or so.

She jostled me accidentally as she was grabbing a blanket off the back of the couch.

"Sorry." She whispered as she was tucking it around me. Her fingers raked through my hair, gently lolling me to sleep.

"Shay?"

I 'hmm'd' in response, cracking my eyes open a little. She smiled down at me. "I'm really glad I hit you with my car door that day."

I coughed out a laugh and smiled at her sleepily. She leaned down and kissed the corner of my mouth. "Get some sleep, dolce cuore." She whispered.

I yawned again and listened to her heartbeat and before long fell asleep to the rhythm of her breathing.

<><><>

Ms. Conner's Pov

I smiled down at Shay's sleeping form. Her arms were wrapped around my waist and her head was buried into my stomach. She made these cute little half-snore half squeaking noises when she breathed. Her hair rolled down her back in chocolate waves, and I ran my hand through it slowly, savoring the silky touch.

She'd been such a good sport even after everything that happened. After the diner, we came back to her house and hung out, played the wii some, before electing to settle down and watch another movie. I'd known she wouldn't make it long. By the last round of Mario kart she was practically dragging the controller around. Also I could tell she wasn't feeling very well. Her face had paled in color and her eyes held pain in them. I gave up on Mario kart in the end just so I'd have an excuse to hold her.

Pretty cliche' huh?

I smiled subconsciously as I remembered the screaming and laughter that had echoed through the house as we fought for first place. She'd won of course, she was a lot better than me and I was pretty terrible. Those damn bananas got me every time.

I yawned and stretched, wincing when my bladder made itself known. Carefully disengaging myself from Shay's hold, I carefully slid an arm under her legs and around her back, lifting her into my arms. My muscles strained a bit but she wasn't at all heavy. Her curves fit pleasantly against my own.

I carried her up to her room and tucked her into her bed, placing a kiss on her forehead before I wandered into the bathroom. After doing my duty I brushed my teeth and hair, wincing at the stubborn strands, before I padded back into the room.