Seven

|Pic of Genny above|

Seven

"Hi how can I help you?" I politely asked the elderly woman in front of me. She tapped her chin as she pondered the menu. "Oh! I'll have a grande white mocha with caramel drizzle." She beamed at me. I smiled, she was just so cute. I rang her card and make small talk before handing it back. "Alright ma'am, that'll be right up on the other side." I grabbed an empty cup and scribbled the lady's order down before taking the orders of the next three customers.

It was my first day and I already loved it. The staff was great and so patient even though I'd already broken like six cups. Making the coffee wasn't really that hard. Genny teased me relentlessly about it but she had her fair share of broken dishes also so she couldn't talk all that much. I glanced up at the next customer and had to do a double take. She smirked in amusement. I thought she looked lovely with her hair all straight and long, while her blue eyes smiled at me underneath their long inky lashes. "Well hello, Ms. Daniels."

I stared wide-eyed at her for a moment before blushing. "H-hi Ms. Conner. C-can I take your order?" I mentally smacked myself, God could I be any more awkward? She smiled and cocked her head at me. "I'll have a 20oz Caramel Latte with whip." I nodded and grabbed a cup, scribbling the order down. "That'll be 4.25." She handed me the card and our fingertips brushed together. I schooled my expression and slid her card, hoping my hands weren't as trembly as they looked. "There you go." I glanced behind her and was relieved to see she was the last of the herd for a while. I glanced over my shoulder, "Hey Clare I got this one." The pretty redhead smiled. "Alright, go for it."

"So, all done with classes?" I asked as I was mixing the shots. Miss Conner laughed and the sound warmed my heart. "Hardly. The classes seem to follow me home." I laughed and nodded. "Yeah, I can't say I'm jealous of you." The smell of the coffee and the sounds of the shop were comforting. "How long have you worked here?" My face reddened as I finished swirling the whip cream. "Well, only an hour." I grinned sheepishly. Her brows rose in surprise. "Wow, should I be worried?" She looked around in mock-worry and I laughed. "No, don't worry. If the coffee is bad I'll have someone else remake it." I said quietly.

She smiled adorably at me and winked as I handed her the coffee. She took a sip and I wrung my hands nervously. Her eyes met mine and a smile grew on her face. "I might have to hire you as my own personal barista. It's wonderful, thank you." I'm sure my face was as red as a tomato but I couldn't stop smiling. "I'm glad, I'd hate to have poisoned my favorite teacher." She laughed and made to leave but I caught her. "Wait." She turned with a questioning look on her face. "Could I...um..I'm kind of having a hard time with the essay, and I was wondering if you could help me?" Her gaze ran over my face a few times before she smiled. "Sure. When do you get off?"

Her willingness to help startled me. "O-oh, well I get off at six, but I have to head home for a little while. My mom has something she needs to talk to me about." She cocked her head thoughtfully. "Well, why don't we meet here around 7?" I nodded enthusiastically. "That'd be great thank you so much!"

She smiled and waved before walking out. My whole body slumped in exhaustion but my heart was going a mile a minute. Genny hip-bumped me. "Gotta date with the teacher huh?" She teased. I glared at her and she laughed. "Come on girl, we still got dishes to do!"

<><><>

"Mom, I'm home!" I yelled as I walked in the door.

"In the garage!" She yelled back.

My brows furrowed as I changed my course. Why is she in the garage? Oh right, something about a- "Oh my god what is that!" I screamed as I opened the door. There, smack dab in front of me sat the most beautiful motorcycle I'd ever seen. It was red and black and sleek looking. My jaw nearly dropped to the floor as I took in the beautiful piece of machinery. A friend of Mom's had taught me how to ride and I'd gotten my license when I was sixteen but never really had the chance to buy one. Mom's grinning face appeared a second later. "Do you like it?"