Nine

Nine

I let out a relieved sigh as I worked on putting the rest of my stuff in my locker. Math was hell. Since I'd entered the school late I was pretty behind. I generally wouldn't care, since I didn't necessarily need a math credit, but I actually wanted to do well and take pride in something for once. My shoulders ached from lugging the huge ass math book around. I'm sure someone somewhere was laughing at my strange noises as I tried to shove it in the small space.

Finally I got it, breathing a sigh of relief as I picked up my helmet from the ground and started making my way out.

"Shay!" I stopped immediately, but didn't turn around. My body erupted in a hot flush and my hands shook. I found it amusing that even my body knew who she was without me even turning around.

I turned slowly, meeting her gaze head on. My eyes widened as I took in her appearance. The mask that she had adorned earlier was gone, her face was riddled with so many emotions. She looked.....vulnerable.

"Come in for a moment." Her voice was as smooth as silk while her eyes pleaded at me.

I gave her a low nod and she sighed in relief. I followed her in the now empty class room. Thankfully it was lunchtime, so no one would be interrupting us.

I left the door open since I can now honestly say I didn't trust myself around her with her hair up like it was. She raised a brow at me but didn't say anything as she leaned back against her desk and crossed her arms. I sucked in a breath at the sight of her long, toned body stretched out like that.

Stop it, stop it, stop it! I chastised myself as I plopped down in the desk in front of her.

"I wanted to talk to you about my behavior towards you this morning." She shifted and for the first time she actually looked uncomfortable around me. A few pieces of hair had escaped her messy bun and we're now framing her face as a few longer pieces caressed her collarbones.

"Shay." I snapped my gaze to hers, a blush rose in my cheeks when I caught a knowing glint in her eyes.

"Sorry, you were saying?" I was proud of myself for not blushing and gave her a smug smile instead. She shook her head at me but the corners of her mouth turned up slightly. "I was saying that I had no right in treating you the way I did. I have no right interfering with your life and who you want in it is none of my business. I'm sorry." She looked at me, hope and sincerity written all over her face. I knew she wasn't going to last that long with her "I'm mean" act. She was just to sweet of a person and it would've killed her to be mean to someone.

"It's okay." I said softly, looking up at her through my lashes.

Her shoulders slumped and she sighed in relief. "Thank god. I though the guilt was going to kill me." I laughed.

See? Told you.

She sat down at her desk and groaned as she rifled through the massive stacks of papers. I giggled into my hand and she leveled me with a mock-glare.

"Something you'd like to say, Miss Daniels?" She said, raising a brow teasingly.

I shook my head wide-eyed and crossed a finger over my lips. "Nope." The skin around her eyes crinkled as she smiled. "Right." A comfortable silence descended on the room, and I found that I couldn't take my eyes off of her fingers. They moved so lyrically, flowing from each movement. They were long and slender with perfectly curved nails. She had the hands of a pianist. I lost track of time as I watched them work.