Chapter 7-Father Will Find Out

A/N: Huzzah! Made you guys blush quicker than watching Jareth doing the magic dance. Heck, I blushed when I wrote that. *Spoiler Alert* Wrath was actually Fuhrer Bradley in the manga & other version of the anime, in the original I think it was Pride; Sloth is his secretary so I use Wrath for Lust's information. Heehee. I love you guys and adore your input! Also, thank you Bishonen'sFoxyMiko for the idea with how father finds out. ^_^

Disclaimer: I don't own the rights to Honey Nut Cheerios, DN Angel, Inu/FMA... if I did Fuery and I would be dating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where's Kagome?" Edward asked looking around the breakfast table they'd just cleared of all the food. They'd been made a meal by the town as a parting gift of thanks and she was nowhere to be found, which was odd considering her appetite rivaled that of Edward's sometimes. Alphonse only knew she'd went to see if Havoc mailed her a letter early that morning, but the post office was next door and she wasn't there. It was getting close to time to depart on the train. Alphonse was wondering briefly though why his brother hadn't gotten any rest though the night before for Edward had tossed and turned in his sleep and now had dark circles under his eyes. Truth was, Edward had been thinking about that kiss and how his experiment had backfired in his face. He wouldn't mind another kiss, but he knew there was a snowballs chance in hell at that happening with Kagome bitter at him over what he'd said about it.

"She better not think we're going to wait for her," huffed Ed, shoving his hands in his pockets as he began to walk with Alphonse towards the train. A few minutes into his walk he heard a giggle and spun around to find Kagome walking in between Russell and Fletcher Tringham, one hand latched onto Fletcher's, and her other arm nestled safely in the crook of Russell's arm. It's as if he's escorting a damn princess, thought Edward, his eye twitching at the sight. Has she been gone this whole morning with them? Even as Ed seethed and fumed, his younger brother watched Ed closely like one watching a science experiment that was very slowly beginning to show effects; this was one thing he hadn't expected to happen to his brother for a while at least. Alphonse had always thought that Ed would begin to fall for someone much later in life, but he was happily proven wrong as he watched the green-eyed monster take over his brother.

"Where the heck have you been? You know we have a schedule! But nooo, you've been hanging around that fake-"

"Actually, I just ran into him after I left this morning," said Kagome coolly as they neared Edward. Her back was straightened and she was ready to take on the Fullmetal Alchemist, though she was being nicer than expected. Kagome was just trying to push that kiss to the back of her mind. "Russell and Fletcher were kind enough to suggest walking me to the train station," she shrugged. Edward would've dismissed everything at that moment if it weren't for what Russell said after that, making Ed's eye twitch again.

"Beautiful women should never be unaccompanied," said Russell, his other hand touching her hand that was tucked in his other arm.

"It would be bad manners," added in Fletcher, clearly glad where this had taken. It was fun watching his brother and Edward fight over nice Kagome. Seeing the two young men glare at each other for a full minute, without either saying anything, Kagome rolled her eyes and pulled her arm out of Russell's grasp. Before Ed could smile in triumph, Kagome reached out and grabbed Alphonse's metal hand and proceeded to walk past the two overgrown babies with Alphonse and Fletcher holding her hands.

"Men are too competitive," complained Kagome as she remembered all too well Kouga and Inuyasha. Things were always about who had the bigger sword. She cringed at the thought of a sword and gripped tighter onto their hands for a brief moment. Russell walked past Edward with long strides, as if to show off how much faster he could move because of his height.