Chapter 11-Father's Plea

+ -    

Disclaimer: I don't own Fullmetal, Inuyasha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn her! Damn her to hell, thought Roy as he uncharacteristically banged his forehead against his desk. His wife was wearing a miniskirt, and not just any miniskirt, a tiny miniskirt. There was no doubt in his mind that Riza had let Rina borrow that little thing as a tip to irk him. Were none of his underlings trustworthy? To top it off Roy knew Sota had purposefully left a picture of their little family at the beach on his desk on, an outing he'd obviously hadn't been part of since the picture was dated the previous year. In that picture his wife had been wearing the most alluring bathing suit. Think of the devil and she shall come, he thought as the evil captor of his heart came flouncing in at that second with reports from Fuery. She'd quickly made herself useful in the military saying she didn't want to be staying with Roy for nothing. And he respected her all the more for it darn her!

Rina slid the papers on his desk and leaned over him to point at something. "Fuery says this needs to be approved before you send it in so don't forget to sign all the places like you did last time," she was instructing. Rina had no idea what her leaning on his shoulder like that was doing to him. All the while stealing quick peeks at those legs that he remembered lavishing attentions on forever ago. The years without her suddenly seemed longer and yet he could remember every moment he'd been married to her. It was like some sick twisted joke of karma throwing it in back his face how much he really cared for her. Roy had to suck it up. Hughes had been right. First thing was first... how was he going to go about wooing his estranged wife? I'm the Flame Alchemist. I can do it! I've charmed countless women... better not mention that. He could already feel her wrath if he said that. Rina was always the only one who could properly freeze him. "Are you listening to a single thing I'm saying?"

He turned on the charm and sent her a dazzling smile. "Of course I am," he lied, his mind having been on her curves and winning her back. "How could I not listen to such a gorgeous woman?"

As much as her heart beat at the compliment, Rina gave him a look that said she would believe him when dogs flew. She smacked him in the back of the head with the papers and muttered, "Get back to work." This was going to be harder than he thought, but he needed to apologize because he was already having a hard enough time focusing on his work. Maybe Roy would have to take the ass kissing approach after all...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edward lay in the grass with his leg swinging back and forth in the air, glad that at least Pinako had a spare. It wasn't anything like his top of the notch automail, but he would take what he could get while he waited for his leg to be repaired as well as a new arm. He felt restless here doing nothing and at the same time he wish he could take a vacation, but any day spent on vacation was another day that Alphonse wasn't in his real body.

"Where'd Kagome go?" He finally managed to ask and if Alphonse had a face he would've been smirking in successful glee at a question he'd been expecting. Alphonse had actually been counting in his head how long it would take for Edward to mention her name and Ed hadn't disappointed by barely making it four minutes. Once upon a time Al had harbored thoughts that Ed and Winry might someday get together, but the more he thought about it with Kagome added into the equation now, the more Al realized how horrible of a match Ed and Winry would've been. Kagome and Winry were a bit alike, so he could see how his brother was attracted to Kagome if not to both of them. Kagome and Winry had stubborn streaks, little tempers, they could be incredibly kind, and they worried for their friends.