Chapter 9-Like Father , Like Daughter

+ -    

Disclaimer: I don't own the rights to FMA or Inu, but I do own a poster of Edward Elric... can you blame me?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome and Falman landed in an alley not too far from where all of the destruction was. She could see her father was there looking amongst the rubble for someone. But Kagome's eyes didn't stray to Roy for long, she felt it again, the thrumming against her soul.

As Falman, who'd shifted forms, went to report to Roy and ask what was happening, Kagome stared on waiting to feel something. "How did you get here so fast?" Roy asked, not even noticing his daughter on the premises. He didn't have a touch of priest in him like she did so he couldn't feel on such thing as auras.

"We came by my way," retorted Falman meaning his demonic form of travel that was better not said around any other military personnel.

Kagome felt a faint thrum calling to her. He isn't here though. He's running. She turned her feet in the direction of a nearby alley and bit her lip nervously contemplating whether or not to leave the others behind. For all she knew this was just intuition and she was going on blind hope she'd find Ed. Even if she felt her instincts calling out to her, instincts that she'd gotten from being a priestess and being in the past. Those instincts that had kept her and her friends alive were tugging at her. She couldn't rationalize it, sometimes you just knew when something bad was happening to someone you cared for. Kagome knew that leaving this safe location would be reckless though...

"Ah, so you... wait. We? As in plural?" Roy asked wondering who else had come with Falman and why weren't they reporting to him. There were very few soldiers who wouldn't report to him with his reputation.

"Yes sir, Kagome and myself," shrugged Falman and Roy had a look of panic across his face. Great, with Kagome there she was in imminent danger. The Brigadier may have been dead, but Scar was still in the area. "Don't worry, she's over-" Falman glanced over, but Kagome was gone. Falman's eyes weren't the only one's to bug out. Roy grabbed Falman by the lapels, not caring if this man were a demon or not.

"Sniff her out dammit! Lead me to her now," growled out Roy. He barked out orders to Hawkeye, telling her he had to leave and explaining in a quick voice that Kagome and Edward were both missing. All units were called to find them immediately as soon as Armstrong was taken to the hospital. Roy didn't even go with Armstrong; he was already running with Falman to find his daughter. As he ran he prayed he'd find her alive. His career be damned. He'd only had her for a few short months, but no matter what the distance or time spent away from each other she was his daughter! And he loved her! It was his father's duty to protect his little girl. He already had so many strikes against him and she forgave him. He was slowly redeeming himself to her and he prayed that at this moment he wouldn't fail in finding her too late.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edward didn't know why but all of a sudden he felt that something was pulling him along, yanking him as if he were tied to the end of a rope. He gripped Marco's hand and told Al, "Follow me." No one knew what he was doing; not even Edward, but he knew wherever he was going that someone was there who needed his help. He couldn't identify with who, just that he felt a part of his soul tugging on him in that direction, but even that didn't make sense to Edward. It was the only way he could describe what was happening. Marco wondered where they were going and hoped that wherever it was would be far from the military. Marco had no idea that they were heading to see the daughter of the man who'd set him free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome was cornered. She'd gone looking for Edward only to find danger literally backing her into a corner. Had she of arrived sooner to the scene where her father had been she would've known that Scar was in the area, however, Kagome had been completely clueless and going on the force that was driving her in this direction. It was her fault for not asking or reporting to her father. So here she stood facing Scar. His tan skin, tall build, those shades blocking the sight of his eyes from her, and that white mark in the center of his forehead. Sure he was intimidating, but she'd seen scarier. She'd faced demons and he was no demon. "Kagome, the Priestess Alchemist," he stated as he peered at her from behind his glasses. He'd spent particular time reading over her files. A person of God helping the military. It was irony that she was the most powerful priestess he'd heard of and she used her powers for the wrong side.