Prologue

(Edited)

"3?" My mother asks on the examination bed. I had decided that after my check up I wanted to play barbies so I climbed down onto the floor to do just that.

Apparently, I'm bigger than all the other kids at school and mommy wanted to know why I was growing so fast and eating so much without gaining a pound. She thought it might be abnormal so here we are.

I look up at her from the floor of the doctors room, seeing the confusion in her facial expression. Her eyes are narrowed and her eyebrows are scrunched down, making her look very silly. I giggle and look back to my toy Barbie and ken. They are such a cute couple.

"Yes, she appears to have taken 3 X chromosomes instead of just 2." The doctor says, putting the clipboard down on the counter behind him.

"That's why she's... Tall?"

"Yes."

My mother sighs in relief. She was so worried that I may have some disease but I guess that's not it. The doctor touches my mothers shoulder affectionately, rubbing her back in a soothing way. My daddy does that sometimes when mommy is stressed. I find it weird that he is doing it as well.

"She is simply a meta-female." He says, assuring her I'm completely heathy. Honestly I've never really liked nor trusted this doctor. But if he says nothing is wrong, then I guess nothing is wrong then.

I look up to them once more only to find the doctors hand traveling to my mommy's well... Boob. I watch in confusion as he gently rubs his finger on her boob, causing mommy to smile. I thought only daddy was allowed to do that...

"Katerina, go into the waiting room sweetie." My mother says as his hands slip up her thighs under her dress. That's very nasty! How could mommy let him do that to her!?

I nod and get up from the floor and head out the door. Why was that man touching momma like that? Only papa is allowed to do that.

I ponder it and sit on a chair, swinging my feet as I hear shouts from the other room. I wonder if papa would be angry. I wonder if momma is ok.

Above it all I keep wondering to myself... What is a meta-female?