Chapter 1

Katerina^^^
(edited)

Throwing on my new red heels my dad bought me yesterday, I look in the mirror as I fix bits of my wild hair. I look pretty good today. No make up but I won't kill anyone with how gross my face is.

I give my self a mental once over of the day ahead as I plop into my car after eating some waffles. Dad made food for breakfast and we spent some time together. Since mom and him split when he found out she was banging the doctor, he filed for a divorce. I've been living with him ever since.

I remember the day that my father found out. We were all home, laying all over the couch. Mom had looked nervous and dad had called off to spend time with me and mom. She was a stay at home wife.

The doorbell had rung and I opened it, being the unafraid weirdo child I was. The creepy doctor had looked at me, seeming as he was the one at the door, and smiled. But I didn't return it for his twisted satisfaction.

"If you're here to make mommy scream again, you're not welcome. Daddy is here now." I had said to the baffled doctor.

His face fell and my dads shout could be heard through the house in a rumble of anger. I shivered. Daddy was terrifying when he was angry and I had hoped I didn't do anything wrong.

"Is this true Kat?" He asked me, his hands suddenly on my shoulders turning me around.

I looked up into his brown eyes. I loved daddies eyes. I have my mothers blue ones and I despised them since I wanted to look like him. I had never really been a mommas girl so imagine when they sat me down and told me who's eyes I had.

My father had looked so close to tears and yet so close to going on a rampage... It was conflicting and I wasn't sure if I should tell him.

I nodded, deciding it was best to tell the truth, and didn't dare look at my mother. I knew she was looking at me, her eyes burning into the skin on the side of my face with her venomous gaze.

My father looked up at the doctor, rising to his full height before punching him in the nose, breaking it instantly and I think he even growled a bit. All I could hear was my mother screaming.

"Ah you bastard! I'll sue you!" The doctor exclaimed as blood gushed from his nose. My father picked me up in his arms and I welcomed his embrace since I was a little scared at the time.

"Self defense you dirty bastard. Now get off my property before I accuse you of trying to molest my daughter." He said through gritted teeth.

He slammed the door and took a few deep breaths before looking back at my terrified mother. She looked like she was caught in the cookie jar that daddy told me not to go in.

"You. Whore." He spat, scoffing and walking to my room. He was still carrying me and I couldn't help but wonder what a whore was myself. I was even tempted to call her the name as well since daddy did.

"What are you doing?" She trembled to ask as he set me on my bed and grabbed my pink Barbie suitcase.

"We." He growled. "Are leaving."

"No! Please!" She begged. "Don't take my baby-"

"Shut up Heather!" He said. He looked at me as he zipped my suitcase and then at my mom. "There's no need for theatrics. You've made your feelings clear and I'm leaving. But I'm taking my baby girl with me."

Despite the circumstances I had smiled as he picked me back up and kissed his cheek only to see him crying. He smiled at me as I wiped his tears away with a slight ache in my heart. I knew mom had really hurt him then. And I wanted to hurt her just as bad.