Chapter 23

Warning: kinda sexual towards the end guys.

(Edited)

Katerina's P.O.V
Was I wrong to leave? I mean it was his dream and I know he couldn't necessarily help it but...fuck it pissed me off. And now I'm stress eating and my emotions are out of wack. I feel the pain of leaving him all day long and even as I sleep I know he isn't there. But I hardly do even that anymore.

It's been roughly a month and I've been staying with my fathers mate Fiona in a separate apartment since she's still mad at him. She talks to me when I feel lonely and just holds on to me when I cry. Her presence does wonders and I learned recently that it was because we were bonding because she was supposed to be my fathers child barer. But we all know how that turned out...

Alex refuses to let me work so him and my father agreed to let Alex pay the bills and have one of his well trusted and highly loyal guards deliver us money for food and anything else we could ever possibly want. But neither of us spend more than we need and then we put the rest, roughly 20,000 a week, into a bank account so it can grow with intrest. Fiona and I plan to start a business together and plan to hire vampires who just turned 18 and such. The business will be one in providing shelter for those who need it and helping them control their blood lust.

See, the government already knows about vampires and once they see us trying to keep humans safe, we will be rewarded greatly. So in a way, it's kind of like blackmailing.

We've already hired all the staff and all we have to do now is buy this old factory we've had our eyes on. The staff have the assigned day on when to be to work but it won't be for 3 more months so we can buy it, innovate, furnish it and get all the pluming, electricity and all the other stuff for the apartment like places.

I have called so many people and scheduled so many appointments with realities, plumbers, electricians, contractors, government representatives, the mayor, and so many others that I've honestly got a really bad headache. I've been stressing through the roof lately. But luckily Fiona scheduled a spa day tommorow.

I get out of bed from my nap and stretch, trying to bring life back into my dead body. I yawn and walk to my own personal bathroom, stripping off my clothes on the way.

I continue to think about these deals as I look into my body length mirror, not even noticing the bright white tear stains on my face or the weird glowing color of my red pee when I sit on the toilet.

I get into the tub, feeling a break down coming on as I sit in the tub and have my self a bower. Bath/shower where the shower head is running but I'm sitting in the tub. It feels like rain almost.

I bring my legs to my chest with great difficulty and look down to see a basketball sized bump. I do remember looking in the mirror a week ago and thinking I was getting chunky. But now that I think about it, vampires don't gain...

Shit.

I hop up and shut off the water, running into my room and throwing on some clothes. Is this why I've been so emotional and horny and weak? I know all of this is because Alex isn't fucking here but fuck me I don't want him here either. It's all this baby's fault!

I put my hands on the side of my head as I cry, trying very hard to ignore the glow of my tears or the ache in my heart. I don't wanna be pregnant damn it. I'm not even sure about my own life yet so how am I going to take care of this baby's?

I grab a bag from my closet, stuffing clothes and some other necessary things in there. I then go to my window, open it and jump up to the neighboring roof, my hands catching on the side as I haul myself up.