5

"Hey, Dipper," Pacifica smiled. She was dressed in a ragged, purple dress, covered in weirdly - shaped stains. She still looked beautiful.

"Um... Mabel asked me to give this to you," Dipper said awkwardly, shoving the sweater into her arms. "She thought you might be cold."

"Thanks, Dipper, I love it!" She pulled the sweater over her head, gently brushing down the sandy brown llama hair.

She turned around and headed towards the living room, the main base for the resistance. Dipper couldn't let her leave.

"Wait, Pacifica!" Yelled Dipper desperately as she neared the bottom of the stairs. "Can I show you something?"

She merely nodded before flashing him that smile. It was the kind that gave him a lump in the back of his throat and butterflies in his stomach that made him want to throw up. In other words, it was the best kind of smile.

Dipper led her away from the crowds, and into the mystery shack gift shop. Everything was broken and deserted, all the stock was gone from the shelves. Not that it was exactly a loss.

He stood in front of the vending machine, which was smashed, all the candy gone. He pressed in the code, and Pacifica gasped as it swung open to reveal a dark passage.

"You ready?" Dipper asked as he whipped a flashlight out from his vest.

"Um... it looks kinda dark... can you... hold my hand?"

They both blushed. She focused on the floor, wishing she hadn't said that. Dipper must think she was such a wimp.

"Sorry, you don't have to... it's just, you know... my number one childhood terror..." she laughed lightheartedly, disguising how truly scared she really was.

"No... it's fine" Dipper held out his hand, and she took it gratefully. Her hand was soft and warm against his: it reminded him that even the apocalypse isn't completely bad. Because, during the end, somehow you could find everything you could ever want.

They ventured into the darkness together, Pacifica shivering with fear. He squeezed her hand reassuringly, gently whispering that it'll be okay. Eventually, they reached the lift. Dipper pressed the button for the third floor. He would choose the second, but he wasn't sure if he should do that to Ford.

The portal room was just how he remembered it; it was dark and grey, coated in Fords research. It saddened him to see it. He missed Ford.

Pacifica observed everything in awe, staring at everything around her with her mouth dangling open. She reminded him of himself when he first arrived in Gravity Falls.

"What is this place?" She asked Dipper as she nimbly moved from shelf to shelf, gasping at each of the objects that sat on them.

"Well, you know when gravity kinda... went haywire?" He said. She nodded, wondering where this story was going. "Well, this basically caused it. I don't wanna get into the sciencey stuff too much - i don't understand half of it myself - but yeah, this was the reason everything was floating."

"Oh..."

"I don't expect you to understand what I just said."

"Good, because I don't!" Pacifica giggled, her laugh lighting up the otherwise bleak room. He laughed as well, accidentally placing his hand on top of hers.