6

She pulled away immediately, although she wasn't sure why. She had, after all, been thinking of this very moment since the day she first meet him. She just wasn't good at expressing her emotions, plus her parents forbad her from dating 'common folk'. Now, she wasn't scared anymore.

"Pacifica, are you okay?" Dipper enquired her. Her flinch drove him crazy in a matter of seconds. She wasn't interested.

"You know, I've been better," she joked, gesturing to the battle raging all around us. She wasn't happy, despite her cheery attitude. Her eyes were glassy and her cheeks tear-stained. He wished he could be the one to make her happier.

"You know, this whole summers been messed up since you arrived," she continued, looking at him directly for the first time since they reunited. "This was just a normal town, now BAM, there's all this magic and mystery... weirdness..."

"It was always there," he said quietly, looking into her eyes, as blue as the Tenerife sea. He felt like he was drowning in them. "You just didn't see it."

"I wish I didn't see it. My life was so much simpler: I was just some spoiled rich girl, now it's... complicated..."

"Hey, it's not better, you like that. You're, like, 100% better now. At the start of the summer you were so mean, but now I like you."

He blushed as soon as he realised he admitted to liking her. This was the Bunker all over again. He bowed his head, breaking their gaze, and waited for her rejection.

"You know what the worst part of this summer was?" She glanced down to him, nerves almost getting the better of her. Dipper shook his head. "You. Ugh, you were on my mind basically every day. I tried not to, but I couldn't forget you and your smile... it's dumb, yeah, but I think I love you, Dipper Pines."

It was now her turn to look embarrassed. She turned a deep shade of pink as she sat on Fords desk, Dipper standing opposite her. She fiddled with the edge of her dress as he processed what she had said. She. Loves. Him. It was the best three words he had ever heard.

"I... I love you too, Pacifica."

She looked up, smiling coyly. This was like something from a fairy-tale to her. Well, one thing was missing.

So, in the darkness of weirdmaggeddon, Pacifica Northwest kissed Dipper Pines.

She shuffled off the desk and wrapped her legs around his. Her arms slipped around his neck as if that's where they belong. His hands gripped her waist and never wanted to let go. It was electric.

Eventually, they had to go upstairs. They had spent hours in the basement, kissing, but also talking. He knew then that he really loved her.

"Where have you been?" Mabel asked Dipper as he walked into the living room.

"Nowhere..." he replied, not taking his eyes off Pacifica.