7

Dipper told Mabel everything in the late afternoon. He wanted to hold it in, but he was just too excited. Mabel listened to the whole story with wide eyes, like all her dreams were coming true. Eventually, she left to find Grenda, Candy and Pacifica, who were having a "boy talk". He hoped they were talking about him.

He sat on his own, perched on the side of his bed, humming "disco girl" under his breath and thinking about her. He would miss her. After all, he has to leave the town at the end of the summer, and leave her behind. They only just got together, but leaving Pacifica sounded insane.

"Hey, Dipper!" Pacifica greeted him, handing him a packet of gum. "Sorry about the gum. It's pretty much the only food left."

Dipper shrugged as he teared open the packet, popping a light pink square into his mouth. It was a bit stale, but otherwise fine. He offered a bit to Pacifica, who took it willingly. In less than a minute, she was blowing bubbles the size of her head, chuckling at his failed attempts that left him with gooey pink slime all over his face. He stuck his finger in her proud bubble as a revenge.

After getting cleaned up, they decided to stay with the others in the lounge. She rested her head on his shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around hers. It was the most natural thing in the world to them.

"Look, P," Dipper said, his straight face concerning her. "I have to leave at the end of summer. I would stay, but I can't leave Mabel, I just can't. So, I don't know how we would work..."

He sighed, his own words feeling like a punch to the gut. He couldn't imagine how they must've felt for her.

"We'll make it work, okay?" She nurtured him, running her fingers through his hair. "I'll visit, you'll visit, we'll chat online, and text... trust me, everything will be fine. But, on one condition..."

"What? I'll do anything."

"You never call me 'P' again, you weirdo!" She laughed, punching him playfully in the arm. It hurt a little, but he didn't notice.

Dipper caught sight off Wendy across the room. She was talking to Mabel, a small smile on her face. He recognised that look anywhere. He caught her eye, and as soon as she saw him, she grinned and gave him a thumbs up. He simply mouthed 'thank you' to her, and sincerely meant it.

Loving Pacifica was different from loving Wendy. This, what he had with her, felt more real and yet so much more unbelievable than anything he had felt previously in the summer. And she loved him. That was the best part. She loved him as much as he loved her, and it felt good. He wished he could do it for longer.