8

1st September 2012

"Hey, Dipstick!"

He heard their yells from across the classroom, their manic smiles impossible to miss. He took his usual seat at the front, next to Mabel, who was turned around on her seat, showing some girl with pigtails photos from our summer. The girl was frowning sceptically.

"You deaf, Dipstick?" Their roars of laughter echoed through his mind, the kind that gave him nightmares when he was a kid. But he wasn't a kid anymore. After all he'd been through in the past couple of months, their torment was (as Ford put it) meh.

He turned his head to look at the boys at the back of the room, who were staring at him like how a pack of lions stare at a lone gazelle.

Dipper smirked before looking at his phone. There was a new message from Pacifica, wishing him good luck on his first day of school. He sent her a text back, saying thanks, and he couldn't wait to see her in a couple of weeks. She was flying over for a week with her private tutor just to see him.

"Who're ya texting, Dipstick? Some nerd, I bet!"

The biggest of his bullies snatched his phone from his grasp. He wasn't strong enough to stop him. As much as he'd grown, his noodle arms stayed. At least he could rely on them.

"Nah, just my girlfriend," Dipper gave his tormenter a death stare, his eyes as hard as stone.

"Ooh, Dipstick has found a fellow nerd," he declared in a ridiculously posh British accent. "Lemme see a picture of this hot mess!"

Dipper opened his wallet to reveal a picture he and Pacifica took on the night they fell for each other. He was smiling at the camera, and next to him, she was grinning, looking staggeringly adorable. It was his favourite picture of them.

The bully looked at the picture, shocked to see the girl with blue eyes, golden blonde hair covered with a pine tree hat. He had given her his hat on the last day, something to remember him by. In return, she gave him the llama sweater. It was still warm in his hands. He didn't need it though: he would never forget her.

The photo was dropped on his desk, next to his phone. The bully was speechless, an unusual sight to see. Suddenly, he retorted when he finally found his words.

"That's so obviously photoshopped, no way did that happen! You stupid liar!"

Everyone laughed and chanted "Dipstick, Dipstick!" in his face. He was on the verge of tears. Mabel comforted him, but didn't get too close. She was scared too.

Three sharp knocks hit the wooden door. The class settled down, assuming it was a teacher. Once they were all in their seats, the door swung open to reveal someone unexpected; a girl with long blonde hair and eyes you could drown in.

"Pacifica, what are you doing here? You're not supposed to come for two weeks!" Dipper rose from his chair to greet her, he took his hand in hers, and immediately they were back in Gravity Falls, behind the vending machine in the eerie darkness together. He, for once, forgot completely about everyone around him, and focused on her.

"Surprise! Mabel set it up, she thought you might want to see me on a day like today!"

He glanced over his shoulder to Mabel, who was watching proudly. His sister was awesome. He turned back to Pacifica, who was wearing a seafoam green dress and a black biker jacket over the top. A black scarf was tied around her head.

He kissed her. In front of everyone. It was a little weird, but he didn't care what they thought of him anymore. The only person he cared about at that moment was the beauty queen with her mouth against his. He pulled away, before reciting the lyrics from her favourite song. The whole time, their eyes were locked. If only they could stay this way forever.