How I became a vampire

“so how did Damon take it” Elena asked as she pulled me through the front door.
“it was weird, I think he actually cried” I muttered wiping the last of the tears away.

“ice cream?” she offered heading for the kitchen.

“perfect” I smiled and followed her.

“hey Jeremy” I smiled at him and he opened his arms out for a hug.

“Hey, how are you?” he asked.

“Hey Marti, how are you” Jenna asked walking into the kitchen.

“Elena, did you tell everyone” I asked pulling away from Jer without answering his question, or Jenna’s.

“sort of slipped out while I explained you would be staying the night” she sounded sheepish as she pulled out a massive tub or ice cream and two spoons.

“well I am off for my date with Rick” Jenna announced skilfully avoiding the situation.

“have fun” Jer and Elena said together.

“and I will probably be staying the night so don’t wait up” she called out just before opening the door.
“Jenna, do you mind if I have a quick word with Marti before we leave” Rick asked her heading for the kitchen.

“she probably doesn’t but I do” I snapped jumping down from the kitchen side.

“Stefan called...” he began.
“Seriously does everyone know, well that saves me spending money on that billboard I was going to rent saying ‘you know Damon, that hot guy that everyone wants, yer well he and Morticia, that's the invisible red head that seems to follow him around, are going through a tiny rough patch’ oh well just have to wait until next time,” my sarcasm was my defence mechanism, just like Damon.

“wow, wrong time” Rick whispered and started to back away.
“Well your here now, say what you have to say then go have normal fun with Jenna” I sighed looking from the tub of ice cream in Elena’s hand to Rick.

“Stefan just said that we need to be on guard as Katherine is around and I just wanted to make sure you were ok after she stabbed you” I could only see the truth in Rick’s eyes.

“sorry” I muttered.

“I would ask what you meant about you and Damon but I think it is a bit of a touchy subject so I am just going to leave you with have a good night girls and boy” Rick quickly ran out of the house scared of another flip out from me.

“wow my bad” I whispered making Elena and Jeremy laugh.

“so Jer, this is a girls night so go play your loud music or something” Elena started to push him out of the kitchen.
“oh Elena don’t be so mean, let him be an honorary girl” I smiled at her.

“your call” she whispered to him.

“Matt said something about video games, I think it is going to take all night” Jeremy rushed  then ran out the front door before anything more could be said.

We ran up to Elena’s room and she pulled the curtains, while I did a quick check of the house to make sure all the windows were closed and locked. Once that was done we sat on top of her bed and started on the tub of ice cream, while watching some comedy DVD.

“so you and Damon, rough patch or over” she questioned once the pot was finished.

“rough patch” I answered turning my attention from the TV to her.