Stefan's hot, but you are hotter

I ran back to the house quickly, I needed to talk to Damon; I just hope he will be there. I arrived at the boarding house and I needed to make a quick decision, walk through the house or go straight for his window.

“window” I muttered to myself seeing that it was open. I jumped up and landed perfectly and quietly. Damon was asleep in his bed fully clothed, he must have pasted out. I walked over to his bed and sat on it, barely moving it. He looked peaceful, but he had a small frown similar to the Stefan frown.

“I love you” I whispered brushing some hair out of his face.

“Katherine” Damon muttered. I stepped back, he had just called me Katherine, did he really hope that it was her. As my tears built I headed for Stefan’s room.

“Stef” I muttered opening his door.

“Marti” he seemed surprised but he sat up and held his arms out for me to jump into.

“he... he just...” I muttered into his chest.

“what has he done now?” Stefan asked.

“just called me Katherine” I sobbed.

“what?” Stefan pulled me back so I could look at him.

“I told him I loved him and he whispered Katherine’s name” my sobs grew harder as I felt my heart begin to break.

“shh, wait, look at his head” Stefan had his eyes closed.

“she is influencing his dreams which means she is close” Stefan muttered, I instantly felt better, apart from the fact I was watching an action reply of one of the nights he spent with her when he was human.

“get out of my head bitch” I heard Damon shout and Stefan and I both ran to his room.

“Stefan, dear brother, it seems trouble is still sticking around” Damon sighed, not noticing that I was standing behind Stefan.

“this is the one time brother than I am glade Katherine was involved” Stefan muttered sidestepping to reveal me.
“Marti” Damon’s face lit up until he saw that I had been crying.
“what did I say” Damon asked standing in front of me.

“I told you I love you and you whispered Katherine’s name” I muttered as he pulled me close to him.
“that wasn’t me, Marti, she is stirring things” Damon whispered looking into my eyes to show he had nothing to hide.

“I know Damon, I know” I assured him, even though it did not make it hurt any less.

"Stef could you go to Elena’s or something please" I turned round to look at him.
"sure" he smiled at me then disappeared. I turned back to face Damon who was standing in front of me with a smirk on his face.

"What" I snapped as he carried on looking at me.
"what's so important that you came here in your pyjamas and Elena’s Christmas jumper," he laughed
"Elena asked me how I turned so I showed her, watching it back myself I decided I needed to thank you" I whispered walking closer to him.
"and why would you need to thank me" he asked coolly.
"well apart from the obvious you saved my life, there is when you told me about my mum, how you dropped it when I did not want to talk about it, and also the trying to help me as I discovered the face" I muttered now standing close enough to him that I could feel his breath warm the top of my head.
"half of that you should thank St Stefan for too" he smirked as I looked up at him. I grimaced remembering how stupid I was about my face when it got vamped up.
"but Stefan isn't my boyfriend" I muttered to the floor, I could feel him smirking as he finally realised what I meant.
"I thought I had four little words to say to you before that was allowed again" he whispered as I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"well that clearly worked. I give up Damon, I finally realise that it was a big enough commitment for you to stick to just me for the last 70 years" I smiled to show him I no longer cared.
"72" he corrected muttering against my lips.
"72" I muttered rolling my eyes.