The Dinner Party

Chapter 18

My eyes opened and I was lying on the floor of our bedroom, the music still blasting loudly downstairs. How did I get down here? I looked over to my left and saw Damon also lying on the floor. I looked to my right and saw the bed was destroyed and everything came back. I shifted my position so that I was looking at Damon again, but I was laying more comfortably.

“stop it, it is creepy” Damon muttered without opening his eyes.

“bet you have done it to me thousands of times” I cooed rolling over so I was closer to him.

“not the point” Damon opened his eyes and I saw he was also confused that we were on the floor.

“we need a new bed” I told him and then I saw last night flash through his mind.

“oh man, I loved that bed” he frowned.

“more than last night” I asked in disbelief.

“actually it was early this morning” Damon corrected me rolling on top of me kissing my neck. Something dug into my back and I lifted up slightly to pull it out. It was half my bra.

“and I loved that bra, looks like we both lost something” I told him showing it to him.

“damn, I loved that one too” he smiled taking it from me and throwing it behind him then returned to my neck.

“we are going to have a dinner party tonight” I told him.

“why” Damon frowned confused with the change of subject.

“if we get rid of Elijah tonight, Elena and Stefan might come home sooner and they will be here for my birthday in two days time” I told him.

“who is invited” Damon asked.

“Jenna, Ric and Elijah, Jenna is working on some history project with Elijah, we can use that” I told him getting up to put some clothes on.

“better get moving then, it is nine in the morning” Damon also got up.

“you buy the food, I will invite them all” I told him pulling on a pair of white skinnies and a baby pink top.

“what we cooking” Damon asked.

“whatever you want to cook for us all” I smiled, I loved Damon’s cooking.

“I will see what I find at the store then” he sighed then we both walked out of the bedroom.

“and in this schedule of yours when do we buy a new bed” Damon asked as we walked down the stairs.

“I will order one later, we will have to move rooms tonight though” I answered grabbing my jacket.

“good thing this place has many rooms” he joked.

“you really do need to get me a car” I told him as I took Stefan’s keys, they had gone in Elena’s car.

“I was hoping you would have forgotten about that” he smiled.

“no, you have until the end of the year” I warned him jumping into Stefan’s car. I drove off before he could reply.

“hey Jenna” I smiled as she answered the door.

“Marti, this is unexpected” she smiled stepping to the side so I could come in.

“Elena told me about the history work you were doing and I wondered if I could be involved” I smiled as we walked into the kitchen.

“that would be good, at the moment it only feels like me and Elijah are doing anything for it, even Ric seems dead against helping” she sighed.