Birthday Prep

*FLASH BACK*

“Damon, I think I found it” I shouted out.

“where” he asked running to stand next to me.

“well open your eyes and maybe you will see it” I muttered pointing to the massive well in front of me.
“and it is down there” he asked pulling the grate off.

“I don’t know, I will jump down and look” I went to jump down but he pulled me back.

“no, we don’t know what is down there, I will go” Damon went to jump down and I pulled him back.
“I am strong, but not that strong, you will be able to pull me up but I might not be able to pull you up” I muttered.

“you could easily do it and we both know that, but call Stefan if you want” Damon shrugged and jumped down. I heard a splash and then a short yell.

“Damon now is not the time to be messing around” I scorned.

“I am not bloody messing around Marti, there is vervain down here” he shouted trying to hide his pain.

“good thing I didn’t go down then” I joked pulling my phone out.

“less talking to me and more getting me out would be good” Damon snapped.

“I’m working on it, try and find the moonstone while you are down there” I dialled Stefan’s number.
“get here now, bring Elena, follow my scent from the boarding house, Damon needs you” I shouted once I knew he had picked up then hung up again.

“Damon baby talk to me” I shouted down, I hadn’t heard any sarcastic come back when I told him to look for the moonstone.

“what happened” Stefan asked standing behind me.
“Damon went down there and now he isn’t talking, there is vervain down there” I shirked at him.

“I’ll go down there” Elena offered.

“thank you” I smiled at her as tears started to roll down my face. She wrapped the chains around her waist and Stefan lowered her down. She jumped off and somehow managed wrapped the chains around him.

“while you pull him up I will look for the moonstone” Elena shouted.
“ok, but if you don’t find it don’t worry” Stefan told her starting to pull Damon up.

I screamed when I saw him and pulled the chains off him while Stefan concentrated on Elena. 

“Damon, baby wake up” I wiped his hair out of his face, it was covered in vervain burns.

“Damon” I slapped him hard on the face.

“blood hell woman” Damon choked opening his eyes.

“I thought I lost you” I cried collapsing onto his chest.

“take more than a well of vervain to carry me off” Damon joked.

“you’re a mess” I laughed ignoring the slight burning on my skin as the vervain water touched me.

“bet I still look better than Stefan” he choked out.

“of course you do” I smiled at him as his skin slowly started to heal.

*PRESENT DAY*

“morning you” Damon whispered as I opened my eyes.