memories of the last 90 years

*PRESENT DAY*

I opened my eyes and blinked a few times. It was sunny so that meant morning, today was my 90th birthday. I thought about the dream I had about the past and how everything had changed. I no longer cared about marriage, Stefan and Damon were slowly getting better and my boyfriends crazy ex was hanging around like a bad smell. Just another normal year for me since I met Damon and Stefan.

“Happy Birthday Marti” Caroline, Bonnie and Elena shouted together noticing I was awake.

“thank you” I smiled at them.

“right, now this might sound selfish but can we do your presents quickly, I am meant to be meeting Matt in a couple of hours” Caroline asked.

“sure” I smiled at her, the quicker we did my presents the sooner I could get back to Damon and find out what he had gotten me this year.

“and I am meeting someone at the Grill” Bonnie admitted.

“am I the only one without somewhere to rush off to” Elena muttered.

“not exactly, you promised my mum that you would talk to her about Christmas celebrations” Caroline reminded her.

“Marti, will you help me” Elena begged.

“but...” I began and she gave me the puppy dog eyes.

“fine” I rolled my eyes and then they pilled presents on me.

Caroline gave me a nice pair of navy high heels and a couple of books, Bonnie gave me an earring, ring and necklace lapis-lazuli set, all casted with the sun spell and Elena gave me a dress. The dress was navy blue and sleeveless. It had a fitted top and a flared skirt, finished off with a thin orange belt.

“thank you” I smiled at all of them.

“hope you liked everything” Elena smiled and pulled me to her for a hug.

“actually no I didn’t” I kept a straight face.

“what do you mean you didn’t like all of them, which ones didn’t you like?” Caroline frowned.

“I loved them” I smiled and let go of Elena so I could hug Caroline then Bonnie.

“you have been with Damon too long” Caroline muttered.

“no I was like that when I was human, slightly less so because of the time, but I was like it” I told her.

“you must wear the dress, look at it, it is beautiful and it will go with the heels Caroline gave you” Bonnie instructed.

“that sounds like a plan” I got up and took the dress with me to change.

“what is taking you so long” Caroline asked, annoyed that I had locked the bathroom door so she could not come in.

“give me a few more minutes and you will see” I told her. I was putting my hair up in a 1930’s style to go with my dress, but it was taking longer than it should have as I never actually did it to myself, my mother had always done it. Last piece of hair in place I walked over to the bathroom door and walked out.

“wow” Caroline sighed looking at me.

“that is just stunning” Elena commented.

“you look like someone from a second world war film” Bonnie observed.

“the dress gave me the idea, I owned something similar to it back in the day so I thought it would be fitting” I shrugged.