my 18th birthday

*PRESENT DAY*

"Marti" a female voice called, I ignored it.

"Marti" it called again.

"are you going to talk to her" Katherine asked.

"I told Stefan that I didn't want to talk to anyone so no, you feel free though" I offered.

"maybe I will just have a look" Katherine stood up and disappeared.

"Katherine where is Marti" the woman asked.

"she doesn't want to talk Elena" Katherine told her.

"why are you such a bitch" Elena snapped.

"sit down and I will tell you" Katherine instructed I heard a shift of weight and guessed Elena had decided to listen.

"this is my story" Katherine began, I tuned in and out listening to the good parts as I retreated into my own memories.

*FLASH BACK*

November 13th; one day before my 18th birthday

"Good morning Damon, Stefan," my Mother greeted. With my brother and father at training, it was just my mother and I. However, they were allowed to leave tonight so they could visit me for my birthday.

“Good morning Mrs Bloodrayne,” they greeted.

“Please call me Francesca” she moaned. My mother was in her early forties, but inside she was still a teenage girl that wanted to have fun.

“Good morning Francesca,” they corrected.

“Marti is in her room, I am not sure if she is even awake it is Saturday, and you are here considerably early” My mother muttered to them.

“sorry, Damon insisted” Stefan mumbled.

“can I get you anything to drink” she asked.

“coffee would be nice” Damon answered most likely with his award winning smile.

“ok I will make you coffee while you go see what Marti is doing, if she is asleep I suggest you do not wake her, she can get funny about that when it is the weekend” my mother told one of them, and I heard them walk up the stairs. I sat up and waited for them to walk into my room.

“Morning” I smiled as Damon walked in.

“Morning” he ran over and sat on my bed.

“why are you here so early” I asked making room for him.

“because Morticia we are going shopping. The one time I want Lexi around and she leaves” Damon smiled. It has been a couple of weeks since Lexi left. Stefan said she always did, however this time she stayed a little longer.

“shopping for what?” I asked resting my head on his shoulder.

“your birthday tomorrow, it has been a while since I had to buy gifts for people so I decided it would be best to let you do it” Damon answered walking over to my wardrobe.

“Stefan coming with us” I questioned getting up and walking over to my dressing table.

“yes he is, he is also going to buy your present today as he has no idea either” Damon smirked pulling out a dress.

“this one” he handed me a navy blue knee length dress, the dress I had been wearing the same day I first met him to talk to and I found out about vampires otherwise known as the second day of Stefan being in my life.

“ok, leave it on my bed” I told him as I brushed my hair.

“I will be in the kitchen” he smiled then disappeared.