5. Nostalgia

It wasn't long before the hidden enemy attacked. He sent a swarm of kunais with paper bombs in the ninjas' direction, in which Sakura easily air-punched them away. He repeated the same attack, but it wasn't hard for Sakura to deal with. Sasuke trusted her to dodge and shield them both until he utilized his Rinnegan to try and find the attacker amidst the Genjutsu.

He spotted him for about half a second, but then the enemy started accelerating his movements to a ridiculous speed that Sasuke could barely keep up with.

Suddenly, the monster appeared right in front of Sakura, and Sasuke nearly panicked when he realized he'd seen that chakra before on his journey. He quickly teleported to Sakura's spot, and then teleported them both to whatever time and dimension his Rinnegan could take them to the fastest.

*****************************************

The Uchiha and the cherry blossom opened their eyes. They found themselves on a boat in a river, with a man standing right next to them about to hit them with the rowing paddle. Sasuke and Sakura looked at him, and the man flinched when he saw Sasuke's terrifying eyes. He almost tripped and fell into the water, but Sakura told him he had nothing to worry about; in fact, they were about to leave.

The two Shinobi focused their chakra on the bottom of their feet and started running on the river water, trying to find hints of where they might be. Not long after, they saw a bridge still undergoing construction, most of it hidden between thick mist.

They both stopped for a moment, as if trying to convince themselves that what they think they will find on that bridge will actually be there.

Being as quiet and discreet as possible, they made their way to the start of the bridge in hopes of no one sensing them. As they started getting closer to the mist, Sasuke used his Rinnegan to confirm their suspicions.

They were right.

In the thick fog were five bodies emitting clear chakra, and another person who appeared to be a civilian. He easily recognized the orange Nine-Tail chakra in the body of twelve year-old Naruto.

"Sasuke-kun?" Sakura whispered. "Is it really them...us out there?" Sasuke nodded.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" she asked, a little excitement dancing in her eyes. Sasuke looked at her and smirked. "Let's do this."

"What's our strategy?"

"I'll teleport you to where Haku's ice mirror wall is so you can quickly crush it, then I'll teleport you to deal with Zabuza until..." It was almost too weird for Sasuke to say it out loud. "Until I get my younger self and Naruto away from Haku."

"Are we...really going to kill them this time too? Haku and Zabuza I mean."

Sasuke pondered her question for a minute. He'd never known exactly what happened that day or how Haku and Zabuza ended up dying, but from what he managed to get out of Kakashi, well, at least Kakashi regretted it somewhere deep inside him.

"No. We just need to slow them down and make sure Kakashi and the others are safe."

"Hai. Are you ready Sasuke-kun?" With a quick nod, he grabbed Sakura and did exactly as he said. In less than a second she was facing the ice wall she hadn't seen in her own dimension, and a tight knot in her stomach formed when a flash of what happened to Sasuke that day came to mind.

She wasted no time though, and punched the ice mirrors with one swift blow with her hulk-like strength. "Shaaannaroo!" her inner-self screamed.

Just as quickly as she'd come there, she was now facing the deadly swordsman, Zabuza. He looked extremely confused, which only made Sakura grin wider. "Who the hell are you?!" he growled from under his mask. He didn't give her much time to answer though, and reached for his sword to finish her off.

Back then Sakura would have been scared out of her mind, but now all she could feel was a rush of excitement. The sword barely even intimidated her as it flew in her direction. She ran towards it, made a fist, and crushed the sword almost with as much ease as she'd done the wall.

Zabuza stood there stunned, and Sasuke took that advantage to attack from behind. It seemed that he'd already taken care of Haku.

Sasuke having the upper hand in the battle made the thick fog start clearing up, and soon Zabuza was lying there bloody next to his companion.

Sasuke and Sakura stood by the bodies, and finally they looked up to meet the eyes of the very confused Team 7.

It was less than a minute before Kakashi tried to attack them.

"Kakashi-sensei, stop!" Sakura yelled, which threw Kakashi off.

"Who the hell are you, and why do you look like my students?" Kakashi asked deadpan.

The younger Team 7 and Tazuna approached, looking just as confused as Kakashi, especially with the bodies of the mist enemies lying at their feet whimpering, trying to get up.

"Who are you?" Kakashi repeated.

"Uchiha Sasuke."

"Haruno Sakura."

Kakashi's expression remained unchanged, and young Sasuke's eye widened as he stared at himself. The long-haired Sakura kept eyeing the short-haired one, and Naruto had his arms crossed with a goofy expression, trying to make sense of what's going on.

"Let me explain to make this easier for everyone," the older Sasuke offered. He reached for the hair on his face, and simply moved it aside to expose his Rinnegan eye.

"This is called Rinnegan, it allows me to teleport and time travel between different dimensions. Sakura and I were on a mission, and the attacker was too fast and too dangerous. That's why I decided traveling to another dimension would be the best temporary solution until we come up with a plan."

The younger Uchiha stared at his older self, half-impressed, half-excited. If this is what he was going to end up being like in the future, his chances at killing his brother just shot up.

"It's really us, Kakashi-sensei," Sakura added with a soft smile, which was the deal-breaker for him. He could spot the warmth and kindness in Sakura's eyes anywhere.

Their sensei finally eased up. "I didn't think anyone could use a teleportation jutsu besides Yondaime."

Before anyone could say anything, Naruto interrupted. "Mateh, mateh-dattebayou! How come older me isn't with you?! Ne ne, tell me, do I become Hokage in the future? Do I become a stronger ninja than Sasuke? Tell me tell me!!"

The older Sasuke looked at him. How did this idiot end up being stronger than him anyways?

"Usuratonkachi," he hissed at him. The younger Sasuke smiled in amusement.

A loud groan from Zabuza interrupted the strange reunion.

"Come on Sasuke-kun, Kakashi-sensei. We need to take them somewhere so they could heal before you arrest them."

                                        **********************************************************

Hey guys! I know this chapter hasn't had much SasuSaku, but I hope you still enjoy it. I didn't want the whole story to literally be focused on them only...Idk, I feel like it's more believable this way.

Anyways, please vote and comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts :)