19. Sasuke & Sakura

Hello my lovelies. I am back.

Warning: Mature(ish) content in this chapter. Reader discretion is advised.

How old are y'all anyways? Leave your age in a comment :)

******************************************************************************

Laying down in her bed and staring at the ceiling, Sakura went through the same motions she'd been repeating for the past hour: staring blankly into space, slowly raising her palms to her mouth to mask the sound she knows is going to come, and finally, squealing like a little girl as she rolled sideways on her bed. She'd experienced quite a few moments, if not days of euphoria as of late, but nothing could compare to how she felt now.

She was getting married to Uchiha Sasuke. Her childhood crush, her team mate, her lover who'd broken her heart and put it back together. That Sasuke.

Sakura had told her parents about the news as soon as she set foot in her house. As expected, they were quite shocked but surely happy for their daughter nonetheless. As of this moment though, Sakura's mind was spinning with all sorts of questions, concerns, excitements, more questions and endless emotions, and she knew there was only one person whom she could talk to right now that would help lower the volume in her mind: Ino.

***********************************

"Eeeeehhhhhh?! You're getting married to Sasuke-kun?" Ino exclaimed a little too loud, she was receiving a few questioning gazes from customers walking around the flower shop. "Sakura, this is...this is..."

"Insane? Unreal? Unbelievable?" Sakura offered.

"Wonderful," Ino corrected. "Sakura, this is great news. You're finally getting what you wanted."

Sakura couldn't find the right words to respond to such a statement, so she just settled on a slight chuckle as she got lost in thought. She needed to talk to Sasuke again, and soon.

"Sa-ku-ra," Ino called out playfully. "Stop thinking so much. I'll take care of everything you need for the wedding, not just the flowers. I'll ask Sai too to--" Looking at her old friend fondly, Sakura jumped up and attacked her with a surprise hug.

"Hey! I didn't say hugs were allowed!" Ino said through amused chuckles. "Get off me and go grab that flower pot from over there. We have a lot to talk about."

*********************************

Holding her face in her hand with her mouth slightly parted, Sakura was dozed off again trying to absorb the giant load of information she never asked for from Ino. Ino, however, absolutely amused by how dumbfounded her friend seems, grabbed a bundle of sakura flowers, a vase, and a pair of scissors. Before cutting the bottom of the bundle, she took out a single flower, placed it close to Sakura's ear, and with the large pair of scissors in her other hand, she snapped the flower head right off to where it fell in Sakura's lap.

Although the sound wasn't very loud, Sakura was deep enough in her own mind that the snapping startled her, and seeing a clipped flower of herself between her legs didn't make things any better. "This is...INO PIG!" Sakura crushed the flowerhead in her palm as she made a fist and prepared to swing at Ino straight into her stupid smirk. "Shanna—"

"Sumimasen," a young boy called out suddenly from behind the counter, making Sakura freeze mid-punch. He was so short where the two women didn't even notice him come in. Whoever this kid was, Ino was grateful he popped up at the right time before Sakura brought down the entire flower shop with that incoming punch.