10. With You

Sakura stood in Sasuke's kitchen preparing food. It was a strange feeling, being so comfortable at his house, but she loved it.

Out of the corner of his eye, the owner of the house peeked at the woman standing in his kitchen. Sakura didn't see, but Sasuke was smiling then. He really wasn't alone anymore, and possibly never was.

When the food was done, the cherry blossom girl brought the tray to the single table in the house. She carefully took a seat next to Sasuke, and together they reached out and started munching on their rice balls.

"Sakura," the Uchiha called out. "I know you don't want me to leave, but...I want to travel again. The world just seems so small in this village."

Sakura stared out the window and swallowed the last bite of food. "You're not wrong...I mean, if I can come with you..."

Sasuke blinked, then gave her a warm smile. It was a rare phenomenon, but when it did happen, his smile felt like it could light all of Konoha's leaves on fire.

"I'm going to go wash my hands," Sakura announced. She just mostly needed some privacy though, so she could high five her inner self for getting Sasuke to agree on her accompanying him. She was blushing like a school girl, and she needed a minute to calm herself down.

After washing her hands and face, she came out to an empty living room. "Sasuke-kun?"

There was no reply.

She started going through the rooms looking for him, but she got distracted by a picture placed in one of them—the Team Seven group picture. She picked it up, and slowly ran her thumb over the faces of everyone in the photo. It felt like ages ago that they'd taken that picture, but she was more surprised that Sasuke still had it at all.

"Interesting how things change, huh?" a deep voice came from behind her. She was slightly startled, but the face of the Uchiha immediately told her she had nothing to worry about. "Yeah. I didn't even think you'd still have this."

Sasuke looked at her, then at the framed photo in her hand. "Yeah, me neither. Anyways, I'm planning on leaving in three days. Make sure you're ready by then."

******************************************

Hey guys! Sorry I'm late, I got super side-tracked! Anyways, here's another chapter (it's short, I know) and I hope you enjoy!

Question: What other fics would you be interested in reading?