8. Outcast

The night was young. The black sky was clear with a few stars twinkling here and there, giving the darkness some light and life.

In the back of his mind, the night sky reminded Uchiha Sasuke of himself and who he used to be. He found himself contemplating upon the sky a lot during his travels, when he would have to make camp in the middle of nowhere to get some rest. Traveling alone, the sky was really the only companionship he had.

He had wished he thought of the night more often. Even in pitch darkness, the moon and the stars found way for some light. Perhaps if he'd searched for them sooner, maybe, just maybe, his onii-chan would still be alive right now.

But there was no point in dwelling over that right now. All he needed to know was that his brother loved him till his last breath. It made him feel a little better, just a little, but he didn't know if he was ever going to get rid of the guilt that weigh heavy in his heart.

Feeling his mind dragging him to a place he wasn't ready to go, the raven-haired man decided to go visit the closest person he had to a brother.

He walked through Konoha and made his way to the house facing the statues of the great Hokages. He sensed that Naruto had guests and hesitated whether he should knock or not, but he did so anyways.

A very comfortable Naruto opened the door. He was wearing a white t-shirt and sweatpants, and the forehead protector that was usually there was missing.

Naruto's face immediately lit up at seeing his best friend. "Sasuke! You came dattebayou! Come on in!"

Sasuke silently obliged, and walked into his friend's home.

All the old teams were there, sitting on Naruto's couch and floor. As soon as they saw Sasuke, a heavy silence started filling the room.

"Hmmph. Looks like party's over then," Kiba scoffed.

"Yeah, I'm done," agreed Choji, biting his last chip.

"Kiba, Choji. Don't," warned a relaxed Shikamaru. He sighed, then got up to his feet and walked towards Sasuke. "Welcome back to Konoha, Sasuke." He extended his hand to him, and Sasuke blinked a few times before he decided to take his hand.

"Hai. Konbonwa, Uchiha-san," said Sai somewhere in the back. Sasuke didn't say anything; he simply looked to Naruto and told him he'd drop by later. Naruto begged him to stay, but Sasuke insisted he should leave.

The Uchiha wasn't surprised really. He would probably act the same way if he were in there shoes, especially after everything he'd done. It's only because Naruto is Naruto that he'd forgiven him, and Kakashi was his old trainer, and Sakura...well, she's Sakura.

Without really thinking about it, he found himself headed in the direction of the medic-nin's house.

He thought twice about seeing here, but he was sure she wouldn't mind his unprecedented visit. It was Sakura after all.

He jumped up to her balcony, nearly startling the pink-haired ninja. She opened the glass door, surprise written all over her face. "Sasuke-kun? What are you doing here?"

"I...needed to talk to you."

Blushing slightly, the cherry blossom girl invited the man in her balcony into her room. "Um, is everything okay?"

Sasuke didn't answer. He continued to stare at the sky, then he finally turned to Sakura. "I think I'm going to leave Konoha."

*****************************************************************

So sorry for the slow updates, I really am trying through all the work I have to do.

Question: Would y'all be interested in reading a ShikaTema fic?

Thank you again for your amazing support! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! <3