9. All You Need

"I'm going to leave Konoha."

"I'm still considered a criminal."

"There's nothing for me here."

Sasuke's words echoed in Sakura's mind, his words cutting deeper every time. She had no idea why he had a sudden change of heart, but what hurt her the most was that he still didn't take her into consideration before making a decision like that...again.

She laid in her bed staring emptily at the ceiling, sulking.

History really does repeat itself, doesn't it? She thought to herself. I guess it's inevitable.

She turned on her side, hugging herself tightly as she slowly gave into the sadness. She closed her eyes and started mentally skimming through all the times her and Sasuke had shared together, all the happiness, pain, sacrifice...

She snapped her eyes open and sat up.

This situation was getting all too familiar.

It's true that history repeats itself, but only because nobody ever tries to change it. Everyone accepts the fact and sits around waiting for their supposedly inevitable fates.

No. She wasn't going to let this happen again.

She wasn't going to let Sasuke get away and leave her behind once more.

With utter determination, the legendary kinoichi quickly hopped all the rooftops and made her way to the Uchiha house. She stood there and faced the door, and for the first time in a long time, she had no doubt that what she was about to do was the right thing.

She took a deep breath and reached her hand forward and knocked.

Moments later, the dark haired man she loved oh so much opened the door, looking slightly surprised.

"Sakura? What are you doing here?"

"Please let me in, Sasuke-kun."

Sasuke blinked, but obliged the order nonetheless. He was about to say something, but his old teammate beat him to it.

With her back turned to him, she started speaking with a low, careful voice. "Do you remember, Sasuke-kun? Do you remember Naruto, and how the village used to treat him?"

"He was just a child. A poor, lonely child with no parents, and everyone treated him like he was a criminal because he had the nine-tails fox in him."

"Why are you telling me this, Sakura?"

She turned around, her eyes glimmering. "Because!" she yelled. "Don't you remember what Naruto said at the Land of Tea? All you need is one person! Just one! One person to respect and care about you, one person to l—one person to love you. That's all."

She was on the verge of crying, but she held back her tears, and continued, her voice bouncing off the walls of the empty house. "I will be that person for you, Sasuke-kun. If you let me. I..." she looked down, a small teardrop betraying her. "I have loved you to the point of madness!" she cried. "So if you're going to leave...you're not going without me."

Sasuke stood there, taking in the person standing before him. He really didn't get it till now; he didn't understand how Sakura could still feel so strongly for him after all this time. He lowered his eyes and looked to the side, unsure what to say.

So he decided not to say anything.

He took a few steps forward, and to Sakura's surprise, Sasuke's arms were suddenly wrapped around her, embracing her in a tight hug.

"Arigato," the raven-haired man whispered. "Arigato, Sakura."

The pink-haired ninja couldn't hold back anymore, and so she let her tears run free as she wrapped her own arms around Sasuke.

It was a unique moment for Sakura; and Sasuke as well. Sakura's breath shallowed the longer time went on, yet at the same time, she felt the weight of the whole world fall off her shoulder-a weight she's been carrying for far too long-making it easier for her to breathe again.

Sasuke felt the same way. He couldn't remember the last time he didn't have to worry about the image of his clan, about his revenge, about people's expectations of the last Uchiha. But here he was, with one of the only individuals on the face of the planet who could care less about his past, and only looked forward to his future.

**********************************************************

Hello my lovelies! Sooooo, what did you think of the chapter? ;)

*intense voice* This is the beginning. Dun dun duuuuuun.

Question: I was thinking of possibly making this fic into an eBook after I complete it, and maybe selling it on Amazon for like $2.99 or something. Would any of you be willing to support me in something like that? I mean, I would love to make some money off of my favorite hobby after all...Let me know what you think!

Stay tuned, there's another chapter coming tonight ;)