Chapter Seven

Casey-------------->

She was crazy, this best friend of mine. She managed to get the guy I had been trying to talk to for the past two days with little to no success in the back of my car next to her nodding along to whatever she was saying.

"And I told her, you cant do that it will explode it needs a cover, but does she listen? No of course not, she never does. So long story short she spent an hour trying to get it out of her hair after that while I just ate some ice cream. The good kind that's vanilla with the caramel mixed in with caramel clusters on top. Oh it's so good. Well now I'm hungry, hey nerd!" She yelled at me to which I just raised an eyebrow, "Stop at the store we need ice cream." I chuckled.

"Can't you wait? We're 5 minutes from the mall and Casey is already waiting on us." I saw Aubrey tilt his head a little bit when I mentioned Casey. So cute!

"Oh yeah, I guess that's true. Do you want some when we get there Bree?" She asked Aubrey.

He looked confused and slowly pointed to himself with wide eyes. She just laughed.

"Yes you silly!" She ruffled his hair as he turned pink. Freaking adorable.

He smiled though. And his eyes lit up in a way I hadn't seen on anyone but my little sisters before.

A sort of child like happiness that made him look younger and innocent.

"Well whether you want some or not you're getting some so you can just deal with it. It's on this guy." She said, leaning forward and patting my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes but didn't argue, knowing she'd pay for herself and Casey but she was making it so I paid for him.

Which I was very ok with.

She continued chatting along and he seemed to loosen up a bit. We pulled into the mall parking lot and I found a perfect spot close to the door but far enough away so that the walk out could be enjoyed.

"Yay! We're here! Finally!" Come on Bree, we've kept Casey waiting long enough." Rachel said, hopping out of the ad and practically pulling the poor guy with her.

She looped her arm with his and started leading him towards the entrance to the mall. I locked my car an jogged after them.

Standing near the large double doors was a small girl with dark hair falling over her face on bangs as she typed something into her phone, black colored nails flying over the screen.

"Casey!" Rachel yelled, releasing Aubrey and running to throw her arms around the slightly smaller girl.

"Rachel!" Casey laughed, returning the hug.

I walked up next to Aubrey who was watching the scene with cautious eyes.

"Just wait." I whispered to him to which he looked at me confused.

"What?" I smiled and simply pointed at the two girls who were staring into each other's eyes. They gave each other a soft peck before turning back to us.

Aubrey looked at them with wide eyes before looking back at me. I shrugged.

Yep. Rachel and her girlfriend Casey.

I guess Rachel could tell that I was gay because her gaydar was extra sensitive or something I don't really know.

"Come on guys! Oh! Casey, this is Bree. Luke is gonna buy him some ice cream." Rachel said as she once again looped arms with a slightly stunned Aubrey and pulled both him and Casey inside.