The bet

14 March 2016
23 March 2020

Richelle's PoV
Me and the girls are all at a booth in Hidalgos, talking.
"So Thalia.....what do you think? Will Eldon be able to do 30 pirouettes?"
Said Giselle taking a sip of her strawberry smoothie. I looked over to Thalia to see her staring intensely at her hands.
"Umm....Thalia? Did you hear me?"
Cierra who was beside Thalia snapped her fingers in front of her face. That worked! Thalia sprang up quickly and looked around.
"Oh...umm....what did you say?"
Giselle sat her smoothie down on the table before saying.
"Eldon! Do you think he can do 30 pirouettes?"
Thalia looked back down at her hands before looking back up again.
"I...I...don't know!"
She said quietly. Oh that's not good!
"Can we stop talking about this now?"
Said Thalia sadly, leaning back against her seat.
"Umm......actually I have an idea."
Michelle said. She leaned forward so that everyone could hear her.
"Why don't we have a bet? Each person picks a boy and they have a competition to see who can do the most pirouettes. The person who wins gets free smoothies for a week"
She was met by silence as everyone thought over what she had said. Umm.....I suppose this could be fun! Also I have the perfect person lined up! I leaned over the table to talk to her.
"Does this boy have to be in A troupe?"
"Nope. It can be anyone in the studio."
Perfect.
"Okay, I'm in!"
Cierra, Riley, Gabi and Giselle also agreed to do it.
"Hey Thalia! Why don't you get Eldon to do it? Having the competition might push him to get too 30 pirouettes!"
Thalia sat up from her seat to look at Michelle.
"Do you think?"
"Yeah. Totally!"
She looked down at her hands for a moment before looking back at Michelle and saying.
"Alright then!"
"OK perfect! Those who are competing go get your boys and meet at A studio in about ten minutes!"
I raced off in the direction of the music room. I know he'll be in here! It's where he always is! As I walked into the studio, I saw him. Noah. Sitting on the floor with his back resting against a wall.
"Oh hey Ritchie, what are you doing here, I thought all the girls were hanging out at Hidalgos'?"
I walked over to him and sat on the floor cross legged in front of him.
"Oh, yeah I was. Actually that's why I'm here...." I hesitated and looked at the floor.
"We'll go on then.....spit it out!"
I looked back up at him.
"Noah....I need you to do something for me. I need you to win a bet"
He looked at me confused.
"Okay.....what kind of bet??"
"I need you to win a pirouette competition with some other boys"
Noah crossed his arms and thought about it for a few minutes.
"Umm.....tempting. What do I get if I win?"
Really Noah? Ugh boys. I copied Noah by crossing my arms before saying.
"Depends......what do you want?"
A small grin came upon his face and he unfolded his arms.
"Decisions. Decisions. How about..........a kiss?"
I felt my face redden. Did I hear him properly? Did he say.....kiss? I felt my arms drop beside me.
"Umm...what?"
I said quietly. Noah leaned forward before saying once more.
"A kiss....on the lips"
Why would he want that? I mean does this mean he likes me? Well I suppose it isn't that bad....I mean kissing Noah it could be......nice?
I looked down at the floor before quietly mumbling.
"Alright"
I felt the hair that had dropped in front of my face being lifted behind my ear and then a soft hand on my chin pulled my face upwards.
"Are you alright? I mean we don't have too....."
"No, no, no. It's ok! Actually we should be heading up to the A studio now"
I quickly got up on my feet and started to race towards the door, however I was stopped short by a tight grip on my wrist. I was then pulled backwards. I landed against Noah's chest. I was forced to stare into his eyes. His face was flushed and he was staring at me nervously. Then it happened. He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. Is this really happening?? Is Noah actually kissing me? I slowly started kissing back. I felt Noah relax and put his arms around my waist while I placed my hands around his neck. Umm. This is nice. Noah is a really good kisser. I roughly tangled my fingers into his hair and pulled a few strands. He groaned into my mouth before pulling me even tighter and rubbing circles onto the exposed skin on my hip. Suddenly, there was a voice....
"AGGHHHH, omg I'm so sorry I didn't know anyone was in here.....hey wait! Noah? Richelle?"
I quickly let go of Noah pushing myself backwards. I looked towards the door only to see Riley and James staring at us with shock. James had his arm wrapped around Riley's waist and Riley was leaning into him. James hair was messy and his cheeks were flushed red. I can guess what they were doing......the exact same thing as me and Noah before they walked in.
"We can go somewhere else if you guys want so you can umm.....continue?"
Said James embarrassed. I felt my cheeks go red. Oh god! Why did they have to come barging in like that? All was silent and the tension in the air was thick.
"Umm.....actually, maybe we should go up to the A studio....you know to start the competition-please tell me you know about the completion Noah?"
Said Riley quickly. Noah nodded his head, yes.
"Yes! Yes! Let's do that!"
I quickly started walking towards the door. I nudged my way past a embarrassed James and Riley and started my descent to the A studio. Oh god! What did I just do? I kissed Noah and he kissed me back. Are friendship is ruined.
"RICHELLE! RICHELLE!"
I jump from my name being called so loudly. I turn quickly on the stairs only to find Noah standing a few steps down. He was at my eye level, so I could stare into his eyes without looking up. It was nice to be on his level.
"Why did you run off like that?"
He said panting. His eyebrows were furrowed and his mouth was wide.
"I-I....umm.....everyone is waiting. The competition should be starting any minute."
I turned back to walk up the stairs but I was stopped by a tight grip on my wrist. I hesitantly turned back to face him.
"Screw the competition Richelle!"
He said forcefully.
"You left before I could ask you?"
What? I'm confused. What are you talking about Noah?
"What do you mean? What did you want to ask me?"
I said confused. He looked down at the ground for a few minutes before looking back up at me. He took a hold of my hands before saying
"I ah umm.....I wanted to ask you if you wanted to get umm.....a smoothie together"
Is he asking me out? My eyes widened in shock. Noah. As in Noah-the boy I've known since I was five. The boy I've did so many duets with is asking me....little Richelle on a date. I slowly nodded my head, yes. His eyes widened in shock.
He quickly grabbed me into a hug, smiling into my neck. I wrapped my arms around his neck resting my palms on his shoulder blades. I'm going on a date.
"Come on lovebirds, the competition will be starting soon!"
I slowly let go of Noah only to see Riley and James smiling at us teasingly. They slowly walked past us. James gave Noah a pat on the back in congratulations while Riley just gave me a small smile. Once they had passed I turned back to Noah and gave him a smile.
"We should go then"
Said Noah. He hesitantly held out a hand. Awe he's is too cute. I tightly took a hold of his hand giving it a squeeze. Who would have thought it? Me and Noah going on a date. Ah I can't wait. Wait I just remembered something.
"Hey Noah?"
He gave me a small smile.
"Yeah"
"You better win this competition, the winner gets free smoothies for a week"
His eyes widened in response.
"Well if that's the case......I'm going to smash the competition"
He said excitedly. That's my boy!

Enjoy this story 😘
     Love,
              Crazyredhead