Love at first sight

March 2017
23 March 2020

Surprise?
Noah's POV
"Yo Noe!"
I snapped my head back a little till I could see Max in the far corner. He sat by the rest of the guys, all peering over one phone in particular.
"Duuude. You have got to see this man! Yo! This girl is smokin!"
I rolled my eyes. Of course. Shoulda known. The only reason Max's eyes would light up so big has to have something to do with a girl. I walked over to Max in the corner, letting the rest know my presence by sitting to the left of Alex. Did I forget to mention? It was his phone that everyone was trying to see. Lets just say....you don't get much female attention in an all boys dance studio.
"Man..right so I gotta give you the story!"
Alex said, turning to me with bright eyes.
"So..I've got this sister-"
"-which one?"
Interrupted Max.
"Melissa? The hottie with the cute as-"
"Yo dude! That my sister man! Go after any girl but my sister"
Warned Alex. Max teased a smile.
"Why go chasing others, when your sister is already falling at my feet.."
Replied Max cockily. A great 'ohhh' filled the air in response to Max's witty comeback. I couldn't help but let a small smile break out on my face as I joined the others in laughing. From the corner of my eye, I saw Alex fall back on his seat, lost for words as his face started to turn pink. When the laughter finally died down he took the opportunity to speak.
"Aye..shut up.."
Alex said, warily, trying desperately to build up his 'hard' image again.
"Anyways..as I was saying. My sister Melissa-"
He gave a side glare to Max. Max held up his hands in surrender. "- has got a friend. This friend just happened to dance at a competition this weekend where she bumped into one of her old friends. They started talking blada blada blada. Soon this friend mentioned they danced at The Next Step"
I interrupted him.
"Hold up! The Next Step?! International champions The Next Step!"
I explained shocked. What was one of their dancers doing at a small competition?
"The very studio.."
Alex replied confidently.
"Man, I didn't believe him myself when he told me-"
Exclaimed Max, letting out a low whistle and crossing his arms.
"-but it's the truth"
I signalled for Alex to continue.
"Oh where was I? Oh yes! Anyways they started talking and guess what?!"
"I don't know..what?"
I replied plainly. Alex looked down in disappointment, his eyebrow cocked.
"Come on! You have to guess!"
Man. Seriously? I'm not guessing.
"I'm not guessing. It could literally be anything!"
Alex let out a sigh.
"You are literally no fun. Right. Here it goes...THE NEXT STEP ARE HOLDING AUDITIONS!"
What?! Nah. He's joking. I gave him a 'I don't believe you look'.
"It's true man!"
Replied Max with a relaxed and serious demeanour. Well..if Max says so. Nah wait hold up a minute!
"One question! What has this got to do with the girl on your phone?"
I asked inquisitively. Alex's eyes lowered to the screen of his mobile. He looked at it for a few seconds until his eyes lit up with recognition.
"Oh man dude! My sister got a picture!"
He said excitedly. Before I had the time to answer he shoved his phone into my face. Not until the tip of my nose was touching the screen did I jump back in surprise. I could feel my heart thumping inside my chest.
"Oh sorry man.."
Alex responded..quite sincerely. After I allowed the hammering in my chest to calm down did I finally look at the phone which while waiting. Alex shoved into my left hand.
There was a landscape picture. I flipped the phone around so that it stood at the right angle for me to see. It was obvious the photo was taken at a dance competition. The bright lights and the glimmer of the stage in the background was all I needed to make that assumption. However, the background was not what caught my attention. For my eyes laid to rest on three girls proud and centre. On the left hand side stood Melissa, Alex's brother. Her bright blonde hair was a perfect match to her brothers, so was her eyes. One hand rested on her hip while the other was around a girl in the centre. On the far right hand side stood a girl I knew as..um..let me think. Her name could have been Natalie. Nevertheless at this moment, she didn't matter. The only girl that did matter was the one that stood proudly in the middle. All I can say is..well..wow!
She was petite, that was obvious. She was at least a head smaller than Melissa, who was a few inches smaller than Alex. And that's saying something. Alex is the tiniest in the studio! Anyways her long honey blonde hair was thrown up into a casual bun at the top of her head, a few strands of hair falling down her face, framing it perfectly. Like the rest of the girls she wore grey yoga pants and a lose white t-shirt. However, their was only one thing that caught my attention the most. Her beautiful hazel eyes. I swear I could get lost in them.
"Yo! Yes! I told you he would fancy her! You owe me ten dollars!.."
I heard Max exclaim. Huh? I must have been staring into her eyes for quite a while because before I knew it, I was being snapped out of daze by Alex punching harshly on my arm.
"Oh come on man! Did you really have to fall for her? I didn't think blonde was your type!"
Begrudged Alex as he dug into his pockets before releasing a ten dollar bill and angrily slapping it into Max's hand. Max took it acceptingly, bringing it up into the light to make sure it was real before pushing it into the pocket of his shorts.
"You didn't?"
Asked Max to Alex in shock.
"Come on man! His father's new wife is a blonde. His mothers a blonde. His uncle married a blonde! Do you not see the pattern? The Erlicks definitely have a thing for blondes!"
Exclaimed Max with a cheeky smile. Well..there's no point arguing with fact. I looked down at her again. She is very pretty. I bet her voice is pretty too. Not high pitched like a spoilt cheerleader and not low like some masculine rugby. Just the right amount of sweet sounds that you could probably not get tired of hearing.
"He's at it again.."
I heard someone grumble before the phone was snatched out of my hand. I felt a pang of despair at not being able to look at her much longer.
"You know what..I think he's in love.."
Teased Max, squatting down to rest his elbows on mine and Alex's shoulders. Just like before, the rest of the guys let out an 'ohh'. I am not! I could feel my face start to grow hot.
"Aw look his face is going red!"
Teased Max again. I watched as him and Alex let out a laugh, their heads thrown back as a loud deep chuckle escaped their throats. After a few minutes they calmed down.
"I don't love her!"
I said blankly trying to clam the heat rising up my neck.
"Of course not.."
Said Nathan, one of the quietest guys in the studio. He cocked his eyebrow as he did so. Did he..did he actually speak?
"Trying to deny that you don't have a crush on her, is like me saying that I'm going to a speech in front of the whole school tomorrow...it's pointless!"
He exclaimed once more, before burying his head back into his books. Well..okay then..
"Noah and.."
Max started to sing before stopping abruptly in confusion. He turned to Alex.
"Yo man! You never said. What's that girls name?"
He asked, clearly directing his question to the blonde girl that was supposed to have caught my heart. At first Alex looked confused but after a few minutes he finally caught on.
"Her name? Her name.."
He whispered to himself softly. I watched, it looked like his brain was going at a hundred miles a minutes until finally like a lightening bolt he snapped his head up, his eyes wide.
"Her name is Richelle! I remember now! Melissa told me she found it confusing to pronounce, that's why I remember it.."
Alex told me happily. Richelle? That's a pretty name. Uncommon. But pretty.
"Noah and Richelle sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-"
Max was sudden cut short by our teacher walking into the studio.
"Come on buys! Quit dawdling! Competitions soon and we need to practise!"
As quickly as she had arrived, she slowly was gone, disappearing into her office. There was a simultaneous groan as we all slowly got up from our seats. However, no sooner than I was up was I being drawn back into a small circle consisting of me, Max and Alex.
"Yo man..here's the deal"
Started Max slowly. What?
"So we may or may not have knew that you would develop a small crush on the girl...so before we arrived to the studio we text her. Good news! You scored! And all it took was shirtless pic of you, some white lies and a tiny bit of flirting and you have a date!"
Max exclaimed in excitement, his smile wide. I what?? I seriously don't know whether to be mad or happy at this particular moment. Also! Where did they get a shirtless picture of me?! I must have not said anything for a while because next thing I knew I had Alex's fingers clicking in front of my face.
"Right..so all you need to know is that your date is in the Blue Chicago at seven so wear something fancy. And you might need to give her a lift home but you know what that means.."
Said Alex, wiggling his eyebrows.
"...higher chance of you getting laid."
Dude! Come on! Get you head out of the gutters!
"Also you won nationals champs last year! Good luck!"
That was all Max said, before slowly dawdling over to the ballet bar. Nationals? And she believed that? However, he only got half way before calling over his shoulder.
"Oh! Check your phone by the way! Your going to like it..."
He practically sung his last sentence. What has he done now? He dig into my pocket before pulling out my phone. On the lock screen it said
New message from Max
I unlocked my phone before pulling up my chat with Max. Seriously? There on our chats was the current picture of Richelle, Melissa and Natalie. Underneath the picture was a message.
"Don't deny it...you loovvve her.."
Ugh. They aren't going to let me live it down. Well..at least I've got a date. More than anybody else in this studio. I looked down at the photo, specifically to Richelle. What can I say..she is pretty beautiful. Maybe this won't be so bad..maybe I will learn to love her.
Maybe I did
Okay so this is only a tester. I haven't wrote in awhile and honestly I'm so busy that I don't know when I will next write again. I'm sorry if this is so bad. I honestly forgot how to write. I haven't done it since the end of October, so like nearly six months, I think? Anyway I don't think I will be regularly updating on here basically because of how much work I have to do but please enjoy this little one-shot.

Go check out my insta @noletbainclark. I'm more active over there. This is sort of a thank you for 1,700 followers. I'm truly grateful

2000 words