Our studio

9 August 2016
23 March 2020

Short but I tried to make it sweet x
Noah's PoV
"Welcome home baby.."
I say while wrapping my arms around Richelle's stomach, hugging her from behind. She tensed up for a second before leaning gently against my chest. She let out a little giggle before looking around the studio. To be more specific...our studio. Yes, you heard right. Me and Richelle are opening a studio. We haven't quite got a name yet, but we are working on it.
"I still can't believe that it's ours"
She said in slight disbelief. She glanced up and down the plain white walls and over to the mirrors at the far side.
"Well you better believe it. This place cost a fortune!"
I joked, leaning down and placing a gentle kiss on her cheek. She smiled up at me softly as I did so. Our studio. Little Noah and Richelle's opening up a studio. The others couldn't believe it when we told them. Sometimes I think they still see us as little J troupers. I don't think they believed that our relationship was so strong that we could handle opening a studio together. I don't know why. Richelle and I, have been dating for five years now. We are pretty serious. So serious in fact that at the age of twenty two, we decided to open-ah crap. We really need a name if I'm going to a dramatic dialogue bit.
"Umm...we really should think of a name you know"
I mumbled against her hair. We rocked back and forth softly before Richelle turned in my arms so that she was facing me. Her long blonde hair was thrown up into a messy bun at the top of her head. The strenuous repetitive labour of painting each and every wall, plain white had made the baby hairs stick up at the sides. She wore one of my tops that was far to big for her. It draped past her shorts making them barely visible, but yet didn't cover her short tan legs. Like the top and even some of her thighs, her cheeks were splattered in little droplets of white paint. She shot me a soft smile.
"Well..I did have an idea.."
She mumbled quietly, biting at her lip bottom lip. She did? She never told me before. I gripped tight to her hips, pulling her close. She steadied herself be putting her hands on my chest, clutching at the fabric of my shirt.
"You never told me before. What is it? Don't tell me it's something like Baby Ri-Ri's?"
I ask, hopeful that the name I had joked was not actually the real name. Oh god. Could you imagine if it was? I shuddered lightly. Best not imagine. Richelle let out a giggle, throwing her head back and then forward. Once she had stopped, she started to trace the pattern of my shirt with her finger. I can't lie, it felt pretty good. After a while she looked up at me with her sparkling green eyes. I will never get tired looking into those. They will never get old or loose their sparkle, no matter how tough times get. I know they will never change. Not like I want them too.
"Well.."
She smiled. Come on Ritchie! You know I'm impatient. Why do you always have to be such a tease?
"I was sort of thinking...uh don't laugh...I was thinking..umm.."
She hesitated, turning her attention back to my shirt for a moment. Ugh. I forgot she gets distracted easily. I put my hand on her cheek, rubbing against the soft skin with the pad of my thumb. She snuggled against my palm before turning to look at me again. I gave her a look telling her to 'go on'.
"Oh right..yes. Umm...so I was thinking maybe..I don't know....'The studio'.."
She told me hesitantly. Huh? 'The Studio'? I..umm...I don't know.
"Isn't a little..plain?"
I ask unsure. I watch as Richelle faces drops, her eyes becoming droopy. No, no. I didn't mean to upset her.
"I mean..I love it!"
I tried to reassure her, but failing miserably. Richelle stepped out of my arms, walking over to the mirror. Her head was facing the ground as she rubbed her hand against her arm. I hate seeing people upset. I just don't like it. I watched my reflection in the mirror as I walked up to her, placing my arms around her waist just like before. She gripped tightly to one of the arms around her waist, looking up to stare in the mirror. Our eyes hit as we both looked at our reflections.
"It's alright you know. I knew it was a shot in the dark. You don't have to like it"
She said softly. It's not that I don't like it, it's just...well. Our character and sense of humour is so outgoing and confident. Such a plain title doesn't really suit us. It's not a reflection of who we are.
"It just stuck me yesterday how much we were defined when at 'The next step'. We were always cast as the little J troupers. The flexible couple. The couple with the amazing tricks. The star-crossed lovers. We were always labelled as something. I don't want that to happen here. I want this to be a place were people are not defined by their skill or looks. I want people to know us just for our love of dance. That's why I chose 'The studio' it has no indication of who we are or what we teach, no labels.."
She ended off her rant by leaning back against my chest, closing her eyes. I never knew she felt like that. She has a point. Society is always labelling us, our studio should be a place where kids can escape that part of life. I like the though of it.
"Congrats"
I mumble against her hair, placing kiss after kiss to her blonde locks. She opens her eyes in confusion, cocking her eyebrows.
"What?"
She asked inquisitively. I stopped kissing her hair, turning to look at her in the mirror.
"We officially have a name for our studio"
I tell her with a smile. I watch as her eyes become wide, and her mouth curves up into a smile.
"Really?"
She asks hopeful. I nod my head yes. She lets out a squeal, turning around and jumping into my arms-her legs wrapped tightly around my waist and her fingers laced around my neck. I wrap my arms around her hips, twirling her around and around as she giggled. After a few moments I stopped because if I didn't I would have been sick, really not a good look on me.     She took her head from my neck, staring into my eyes. Fuck it! I leant down, and placed a chaste kiss on lips before deepening it. I rubbed my rough hands against her thighs, erecting a soft moan from between her lips. She dug her fingers in my hair, clawing at my scalp. Not as terrible as it sounds, it's actually rather pleasurable. Unfortunately we both had to let go at some point for air. We let go, our foreheads touching.
"Welcome Miss Nolet to 'The Studio'. A studio without labels, created for those with a love for dance"
I whispered against her lips. I gave her a quick peck on the lips, smiling all the same. Owning our own studio. This is the next step. And I can't wait! It's going to be epic!

Bad ending and it's officially 1am so I'm going to bed, night x
1282 words