Dance captain and baby sitting

Very. Very. Very long one shot! This is more of a friend ship based one shot between Noah and Richelle...so yeah. Enjoy!
P.S I had no internet for two days and all I could access on my phone was watt pad so this ended up being my only source of interest.

29 July 2016
23 March 2020

Richelle's pov
"Hey Ritchie! How are you enjoying being dance captain?.."
Huh what? I leaned up quickly to look at the person who had asked the question. Noah. I watched as he sat down before me and crossed his legs.
"Ritchie? Did you hear me?"
He asked with concern. Shit! I had totally blanked him.
"Yea yeah of course! Dance captain? It's great! Absolutely fabulous!"
I said quickly. I lied. Being dance captain is hard. Really hard! He looked at me with disbelief, one eyebrow cocked.
"Really Richelle? Tell me how you really feel..."
He said softly, leaning down and grabbing a hold of one of my hands. He gently rubbed the upper part of my palm with the pad of his thumb. Oh Noah. How do I even start to tell you what's wrong?
"You can tell me. I won't judge.."
He said with a weak, reassuring smile. How? How can you be so good at this? And by this I mean 'reassuring' people. I'm dance captain. I'm the one who is supposed to reassure dancers if they have a problem but yet he always seems able to help out at a single notice. Really, now that I think about it...he should be dance captain. Im obviously not capable..
"Well.."
I started plainly, staring down at my lap.
"Well what?"
He muttered, waiting expectantly for an answer. I turned to look back up at him, tightening my grip on his hand.
"It's hard!"
I say in the end looking up into his beautiful hazel eyes. He raised his eyebrows in confusion.
"Of course it's going to be hard. The best opportunities in life never come without a price."
I guess he has a point.
"What matters most is that you try your best and never give up. I know you won't! You're a fighter. You have passion! You do not give up without a fight. You are-"
He was stopped short by a loud wail from the entrance of the doorway. Ugh. What was that? I took a hold of my ear before turning quickly towards the door.
There she stood. Riley. Her short blonde ombré hair thrown up into a little pony at the base of her neck. Her face looked frustrated; not a single drop of make up was caked on her face and small, dark circles littered underneath her eyes. She looked tired. Dressed in sweatpants and a loose shirt she had lazily swung a big bag around one shoulder while the other held the head of a tiny crying baby. It's face was red and upset. It's small chubby hands wrapped tightly to the top of Riley's shirt.
"Richelle! Noah! Oh thank goodness I found you.."
She said exasperated, walking further into the room while trying to calm down the screaming baby.
"I wouldn't normally ask..but I need you to look after Jacob while I go see my family. My aunts sick and she desperately needs someone to look after her kids while she tries to recover. I would have brought him with me-"
She said, rubbing her hands over his puffy belly in an attempt to smooth him. It worked a little.
"- but she has a cat, and Jacob is allergic to the cat hair. He will break out in hives if he comes in contact with any. And with James being away on tour for another few days, I couldn't expect him to look after him. Neither could I ask his mum. She does way to much for us, I couldn't just drop him in without a second notice. And of course I couldn't ask Emily and Hunter to look after him, they live to far away Please Richelle."
She pleaded. I guess I have no choice. She seems desperate.
"Well..I guess I could-"
Before I could finish my sentence, she had pushed Jacob into my lap and was now dropping the bag onto the floor.
"Oh thank you. Thank you Richelle.."
She exclaimed with glee. She leant down and kissed my head softly before replicating the action with Jacob but also rubbing his cheeks.
"I don't know what I would do without you..or Noah."
Oh right! I forgot about Noah.
"Now! Everything is in the bag. Bottles. Formula. A fresh change of clothes. Some toys. Pacifier. Blankie. And of course diapers! Now I changed him before I left but do be prepared."
She said listing off everything that she could remember that was in the back, counting them on her fingers. When she got to the fingers on the hand that held her watch her eyes widened.
"SHIT! Oh god! I'm late! I was supposed to be there half an hour ago. Got to dash! See you soon."
Placing one last kiss on Jacobs cheek, she quickly raced out of the room and before you would know it, it was almost like she wasn't even there in the first place.
Then it was just us. Me. Noah. And little Jacob. It was quiet. Very quiet. All that could be heard was Jacobs soft sighs and whimpers as he slowly but surely calmed down and leaned against my shoulder.
"So...baby sitting Jiley's offspring. What fun!"
Said Noah sarcastically, giving me a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes at him before rubbing Jacob's back.
"So what the hell are we going to do for a few hours while we wait for Riley to get back?"
He asked inquisitively. He has a point! I don't know how to entertain children, more specifically babies. I can hardly entertain myself.
"I...I don't know.."
I said softly. It's the truth! How do you entertain babies? Wait..didn't Riley say something about toys in her bag she brought in. I pointed towards it.
"Go check her bag Noah! I think I heard her say that she packed some toys."
I said forcefully. Jacob twitched before lifting his head up from my shoulder.
"Yeah! Is that what you want? Toys?"
I cooed, giving him a smile.
"Why do I have to get it?"
Said Noah, faking exhaustion. Really Noah? I turned to stare at him harshly. He flinched back a little.
"Because I'm holding the baby"
I gritted through my teeth, never taking away my smile. He held his hands up in retreat before mumbling.
"Okay..okay. No need to get snappy. I was only joking"
He said giving me a genuine smile. I could tell because his eyes glistened in happiness. I watched as he walked over to the bag, unzipped it before digging around. After a few moments he lifted something out of the bag and looked at it. The way he was positioned meant the I couldn't see what he had chosen.
"Perfect!"
He whispered under his breath before placing it behind his back. He walked over to us and knelt down onto his knees on the harsh wooden floor.
"Jacob?"
He said softly. I turned him around so that he was fully facing Noah and sitting on my lap.
"Do you want to play?"
He asked gently, giving him a smile. I watched as Jacob nodded. His bottle blue eyes fully fixated on Noah. After a few minutes, Noah lifted the toy from behind his back, showing him.
Jacob gurgled and snatched his hands forward towards the toy. For there in Noah's open palms was a soft grey teddy bear. On the feet, hands and belly of the stuffed toy was bright colourful buttons of red, yellow and green. All if touched capable of playing a sound which would noticeably delight the young infant. Noah gently placed the teddy into Jacob hands, allowing him to grab onto it with an iron tight grip. Happily, I watched as he pressed a button on the belly which let out a entertaining sound.
"You did great by the way.."
Huh? What did he mean? I turned to Noah in confusion. He started again.
"You dealt with my excuse in a way which would not disturb Jacob. If you apply that to life as dance captain, it means that if anybody has a problem that could jeopardise a troupe you would be able to deal with the situation without harming our dance practise. What I'm trying to say is..you'd make a great dance captain"
He said with a smile. Really Noah? Only you could link an experience with a baby to real life and apply it to the conversation that we were talking about earlier. I couldn't help but let out a giggle.
"What?"
He asked confused, giving me a weak smile.
"Only you could do that!"
"Okay I'm confused.."
He said, placing a hand on his forehead.
"Only you could cheer me up and help me feel like I can actually be the dance captain! Thank you"
I exclaimed sincerely. I want to give him a hug but I can't. Something or someone is currently on top of me.
"I would give you a hug..but umm yeah.."
I said pointing towards Jacob in my lap and shrugging my shoulders. He gave me a smile.
"That's alright...I expect one later though!"
He said cheekily. Oh Noah! What would I do without you? Suddenly something sped quickly past my eyes and there was a squeal.
"Ouch!"
Exclaimed Noah.
"What happened?"
I asked concerned. How did he get hurt? I watched as he picked something up in the distance. Is that? Jacobs teddy bear?
"Jacob threw his teddy at me."
He said playfully, pushing the toy in front of Jacobs face back and forth. Well at least we know he's definitely James son. Like father, like son. Always causing mischief..
"Hey that wasn't very nice"
I said tickling Jacobs sides. He let out a giggle of happiness, before dropping the teddy bear to the floor and trying to get out of my reach.
"Well that didn't sustain his interest for long.."
Said Noah, sitting back. He's right! Ugh. What are we going to do now?
"So what now? We need to keep him entertained."
I said stating the facts. I watched as Noah, placed a hand to his chin, pretending to stroke an imaginary beard. He can be such a goof ball sometimes.
"I know!"
He said happily. Then he raced off to the corner. What's he doing? He pulled over a chair and set it in front of us. Then he hid behind it. Huh?
"Peek-a-boo!"
He yelled out, jumping up from behind the chair. Christ! That made me jump! Jacob let out a squeal of happiness. Well at least he liked it.
"You like that Jacob"
I said kissing his cheek softly.
"Come join me Richelle!"
I heard Noah say. Oh no I couldn't!
"Come on Ritchie. Jacob will be fine.."
He said extending a hand to me. Oh..what the heck! Sure! Like he says Jacob will be fine, I'll only be a few metres away from him. I placed two hands under Jacobs armpits and lifted him of my lap and onto the hard wooden floor. He let out a whimper at the loss of warmth but was soon interested in a small dent in the floor. At last I was able to take Noah's hand as he pulled me up and onto my feet. We walked carefully until we were both squished behind the small back of the chair.
I could feel the back of my legs start to burn as we squatted, and rested both hands on the top of the chair. I turned to look at Noah, only to see him counting down.
"Three...two...one!"
As soon as he said the last number we both jumped up from behind the seat and yelled
"Peek-a-boo!"
Jacob jumped back a little before letting out a loud giggle. This is fun! I quickly squatted back down again and waited for Noah to count down again.
"Wait!"
I heard Noah whisper. I turned to him.
"I think we should take it in turns jumping up. You should go first."
I nodded my head before jumping up. Jacob giggles again, putting his hand in his mouth. I went back down and watched as Noah jumped up. There it was! Jacobs little giggle.
And so it continued until suddenly the giggles stopped. I jumped up and there he was sitting. Quiet and unamused. Oh!
"Well that didn't last very long either.."
Sighed Noah. No it didn't. Ugh. This is hard! I don't know what else we can do! Why is this not so hard to entertain.
"Remind me never to get a job as a children's entertainer"
Joked Noah, scratching the back of his head before leaning back against the wooden floor.
"Up!"
Screamed Jacob, clenching his fists back and forth. Ugh. I went and picked him up before walking over to Noah and sitting down beside him. He looked comfy. His eyes were closed and he rested the back of his head in his hands that were crossed behind his neck. Umm
I have an idea!
I shifted Jacob before slowly rolling backwards besides Noah. He opened his eyes for a bit to glance in my direction. Then he took a hand away from his neck and stretched it out wide.
"Here! Lean on me. The floors not very comfortable."
Well that's sweet of him. I moved so the my head rested on his arm. Umm he was right! This is so much more comfortable. I let Jacob rest against my chest.
"Play.."
Muttered Jacob repeatedly. Ugh. Will he ever be tired? I lazily lifted him up into the air before bringing him back down again.
"Weee!"
I squealed happily, to make it look like I was having a good time. Good thing, I have some upper arm strength.
"Richelle? Noah? What are you doing?"
Said a voice from behind us in confusion. I rolled my head backwards completely forgetting about Jacob who was now resting in the air. There in the entrance was new a troupe.
"Is that James and Riley's baby?"
Asked Henry, pointing towards Jacob. Crap! I forgot that he was up in the air. I softly dropped him down into my chest before sitting up.
"Riley had a family emergency and she needed someone to look after Jacob. So she asked us.."
I said softly. I watched as they looked between me to Jacob.
"She asked both of you to look after a baby"
Said Michelle with a smile. Why is it so hard to believe that Riley asked us to look after Jacob?
"Well I am dance captain..I guess she thought she could trust me."
I said with slight sass. I watched as they rolled there eyes. They don't like me being dance captain. They think I'm too young. Too sassy. Not able to take criticism. They didn't even choose me. Riley did! They didn't even have a voice in the matter.
"Well..we can see that you two are busy so we will just leave then.."
Said Sloane, slowly turning around and pointing towards the door.
"Hey wait! Now that you're here..you could maybe help us."
Exclaimed Noah. What? What is he doing? I watched as a troupe looked at each other before turning to him.
"Well I suppose we could help.."
Sad Michelle shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly. So what are we going to do now? I don't get how they are going to help.
I watched as Noah walked over to me and picked up Jacob from his position on my hip. While doing so he whispered in my ear.
"Show them just how good of a dance captain you are. Lead them.."
So this is part of his plan. I can't do this. They will never listen to me.
"Trust me...they will listen.."
Whispered Noah again before moving away. Crap! Ugh. What am I going to do? I turned to face them only to them looking at me expectantly. I guess here goes nothing.
"Umm...maybe Michelle and Cassie could go fill up a few of his bottles. And umm...Sloane, Amy and Piper you could create a a soft sleeping area in the corner. And I..Latroy and Henry you could do some..dancing? Yeah! Dancing. He would like that. Alfie and Amanda? Umm you two could ah..you two could..oh I know! Change his diaper and his clothes. Yeah."
I said quickly glancing over everyone to judge their reaction. While some looked happy others(Amanda and Alfie) looked annoyed at their choice of chore.
"That's sound good Richelle!"
Reassured Noah. I'm pretty sure he is only saying it to get everyone on board.
"What will you two be doing?"
Asked a rather pissed of Amanda. Oh..what are we going to be doing?
"We are going to be doing everything really. Trying to keep him entertained. Helping out with any other stuff. So in general anything that other people cant do."
We are? Ugh. Why do I feel like I've let myself in for a bad time?