Meg Rantrano

Meg Rantrano POV

  I brushed the strand of my short purple hair out my face. Today, I had to go with to pick up a new camper. It'd been confirmed it was a Hecate camper, since a satyr went in earlier to figure out who this girl was. But the satyr had to do something more important so we were sent in. I remembered when I had first came to camp, it was a disaster, it was also pretty hilarious.

------MAGICAL FLASHBACKKKKKKK------------------------

 I'd adapted to the fact of magical beings sitting on a hill that could smite any of us at any time if we do something stupid, pretty fast. What really took me off guard was the fact that until someone invented (Which Leo had now done, and I instantly went back to writing fanfiction without attracting monsters) a way to go on the internet with out alerting monsters, I couldn't go on tumblr!

 I had been claimed as a Hecate camper almost immediately, which according to other people I was lucky since some people have been here for months and still haven't been claimed. At the time however what really shocked people about the fact that I was claimed fast, was that at the time, everyone was preparing to send a ship off to this place called New Rome. 

But, even though everyone was distracted I managed to get everyone's attention despite everyone being so busy and this wasn't just because of me being claimed.... Which this attention... wasn't on purpose... 

I did something stupid.  Like really stupid. Not like my everyday stupid.

When I got to my cabin two kids were trying to practice controlling the "mist." I decided to join them, even though I had absolutely no experience and I had only been at camp for three days. We were trying to make books look like they were on fire. This would've been wonderful practice for a new Hecate child who might be going into war soon, had my half-sister not been explaining the camp to me at the same time.

"Do you normally like fire?" She said. That seemed like a strange question but I immediately answered without asking about it.

"Nope."

"Then avoid Leo, I mean, currently, he's really busy since he's build a ship and all, he's only been at camp, for about...?" She stopped and turn to my brother for an answer.

"I dunno, like 3 months?" He replied. 

"Yeah, sounds about right, well in that time, he's already burned down a cabin and tons of other stuff." That comment was what distracted me and made me start to laugh. And now I was thinking about burning down a cabin. 

AND I WAS TRYING TO BURN A BOOK, OR AT LEAST MAKE IT SEEM LIKE IT WAS BURNING.

HEY SIS, DID YOU EVER THINK THAT MIGHT NOT BE A SMART IDEA?

I continued to practice while my four siblings that were with me in the cabin left. WOW GUYS YOUR JUST FILLED WITH WONDERFUL IDEAS TODAY. 'LET'S TELL THE NEW KID ABOUT BURNING CABINS AND THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE TO PRACTICE BURNING THINGS. JUST WONDERFUL.'

I'd like to say what I did next was, stop and go with my siblings and not do the totally stupid thing but.........

Then this wouldn't be entertaining, now would it? 

Before I knew it, I was surrounded in fire.

Well dam.

I quickly ran out of the cabin and started screaming in panic. I didn't realize I caused this. I guy named Jason came running up to the cabin shouting, "LEO WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME?!"

Quickly, a Hecate camper came up and realized this was simply the mist and fixed my mistake, but I had already caused a commotion. However, that day was also pretty nice too, because everyone was panicking, and were rushing to prepare for the possibility of war, and then on that day, when I thought I was about to set myself ON FLIPPING FIRE, I made everyone laugh, though it was at me...

Well, I guess that first impression was lovely.

----------FLLLLLLLLLLASSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHBBBBBBBBBBACCCCCCCCKKKKKK OVER--------

"Okay if you didn't want to come with me to see this new camper and risk the possibility of seeing the next person to 'accidentally' burn down the cabin, why didn't you just hide or something?" My best friend, an Apollo camper said.

"I tried that..." I started as I remembered my attempt to hide.

-----ANOTHER FLASHBACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK-------------------------------------------------------------

I ran into the Apollo cabin attempting to hide and avoid my responsibilities, like normal. I had already tried other places and this was my last place I could hide. I searched for a place to hide and found a closet. I immediately opened it to find Nico sitting on the floor with a gameboy playing a game. 

"Nico what are you doing in the closet?"

"Well, I was waiting for Will to come back, and then some Aphrodite girls walked by the cabin and saw me in the cabin. I was scared they were going to run in screaming about how cute it is that I'm in Will's cabin. Plus, it's not as bright in this closet."

"Nico get out of the closet! (Silly Meg, only Cupid can make Nico come out of the closet.) I need this to hide from having to having to socialize."

Needless to say, I was still stuck with having to pick up the new camper. It was fun though, I had a new sister and this one didn't burn down the cabin.

-----------------------------------------

I LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPTER OH MY GOD

If you have any suggestions for who you want to be met in the next chapter leave a comment! I already have a few suggestions I have to do, but I'll do yours as soon as I can!

:D

Sorry I haven't been uploading, I have been really busy with school  and I'm also moving.