Nikki Wittern 2

Howdy y'all. So, I don't really know how to write this. I've been on this site for as long as I can remember writing Percy Jackson fanfic. I remember being about 11 years old feeling so passionately about these books. I remember making online friends and just enjoying myself because this was my little corner of the internet where I could just write anything and someone out there would read it. I loved it. Nowadays my friends make fun of me for at one point having been so active in this community. There's apart of me that agrees, but I still can't bring myself to regret my time writing fanfiction. This will be my final chapter of this story. I decided to end it where I began with a chapter including our favorite character.

Nikki Wittern

    It had been three years since I had even thought about Jason Grace. Honestly, I had completely forgotten about the fateful day that his girlfriend tried to usurp the power structure of our school. It really hadn't affected me all that much. All it did was force me to change schools, friend groups, and for a short period of time, my name. Even after all that I was still the perfect, pretty, and altogether the popular girl I had always been.

  I was now a sophomore in college getting ready for a killer party with one of my roommates, Rache. I know, having a roommate is such a poor thing to do, but I couldn't help myself from getting that whole college experience!

    I heard a buzz coming from across the room. It was Rache's phone. Obviously I wasn't going to snoop like some kind of creepy, stalkerish perv. So, I told myself it wasn't a violation of privacy if I just had happened to see who was calling her and I had accidentally just picked up the phone. I looked at the caller id. God! it was just her mom, Ginna, I don't understand why she calls her like every day. She's an adult. Helicopter parent much? I let the phone ring, if I had hit the hang up button, her mom would've thought that Rache had hung up and she would've killed her. Her over protectiveness probably has something to do with Rache's dad, who walked out before she was even born. Something to do with his work or something? Rachel said her mom never knew much about him, he was apparently mysterious and magical. 

At least my parents wanted me. My dad never walked out on me. Just another thing to prove how much better I am than her. 

  As soon as the ringer went off I looked at her notifications. I'd come up with some excuse later if she caught me looking through her phone. Apparently, someone named Percy had been texting her. He was RSVPing for the party and saying he was gonna bring some friends. Who does that? Literally just like show up it's not like it's a five year old's birthday party. He may have seemed weird, but I have to admit his contact photo is pretty hot. Maybe I'll get to see him later tonight.

  I decided to text him. I had no idea what Rache's password was, but I didn't need it just to text him back.

  Oh, alright cute stuff. Who ya bringin'? Y'know besides your hot abs  ;)

I went straight for it. Ladies, if you want something just go after it. Unless I want it too, in which case, it's mine. He texted back immediately, just another weird thing about him. He's lucky he's hotter than any guy at this stupid college.

Uh.... this is Rachel right? You know I have a fiancee, yeah? Anyways, my friends Jason and Piper wanted to come too...

   Obviously there's no way it's the same guy, right? That'd be ridiculous, but I just HAD to ask.

It's not Rachel, it's her roommate.

Jason, who?

Grace..?

   I laughed, I cried, I screamed, all at once. This was truly a miracle. There was no way after this many years that him and his ugly girlfriend were still together. Now was my chance to strike. Even if he was still with that two-faced idiot, I'm sure I can change his mind this time.

Sorry about that misunderstanding. Can't wait to see you guys at the party.

Rachel

The party was starting and the house was quickly filling up. I was nervous. This was my first high school party and I wanted it to go well. I went over to greet one of my friends from my literary class.

"Hey P-" Before I could process what was happening Nikki had shoved me out of the way and was talking to Percy and his friends.

"Hi Jason. Long time no see baby." Nikki said flirtatiously. Oh so this was Jason, Nikki had spent long nights ranting about him and his girlfriend. She likes to claim she's over him but she's clearly not.

"What are you doing here? I thought I got you to finally leave me alone back in high school." Jason sighed already exasperated when the conversation had only just started. Nikki has that effect on people.

"I live here you silly goose. Listen this party's stupid, I'm sure we both agree, let's just go back to my room and catch up."

"Even if I was interested I'm still with Piper, Nikki."

"That doesn't matter to me if it doesn't matter to you."

"It really does." At that moment the supposed she-devil herself walked up.

"Who's this?" The girl said, Nikki clearly was bothered by the fact that this chick had no idea who she was, but there was no way she was going to say that. Even if it was obvious by her face.

"Don't play dumb, you man-stealing insignificant littl-."

"Hey guys, I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding. Let's just calm down and talk this out!" Percy interrupted.

"This doesn't involve you and you're hot body, don't worry about it the big kids are talking." Nikki said. I had literally no idea what was going on but I knew I wanted it to stop. Nikki had always walked all over me and this was the final straw. Percy had always been nice to me even when I was the loner kid. I had wanted this night to go perfectly. I wanted it to be a night to remember and within five minutes Nikki had already ruined it; she was doing what she did best, being a massive jerk. So, I stood up and braced myself.

  "Nikki I'm going to have to ask you to leave." It took all the courage I had to stutter that out.

"Excuse me? This is my house and besides everybody wants me here."

"No it isn't. I took pity on you. We both know I've been paying your share of the rent for months ever since your dad cut you off. I have every right to kick you out." At this point other people were staring, but I finally felt confident enough to get this all out.

"You can't do this. You can't kick me out. Jason tell her you want me here." Jason just shrugged awkwardly, clearly not wanting to say 'please get this woman away from me.'

"Come by tomorrow to pack up your things. You'll have to find somewhere else to stay Nikki because this friendship is over."

"God, like I'd ever be friends with you. Whatever, no one will show up to this party anyways if I'm not here." As Nikki left, I felt a weight being lifted off my chest. Nikki had always been toxic to me. She had never been a real friend.

I turned up the music and started dancing. I was ready to get this party started. At least I knew who my real friends were now.

The End.

I just wanted to say thank you to the people who have been reading this story since I started writing these. It really has been a fun ride. Thank you for this amazing writing experience and thank you for over 120k reads.

I'll still be active on here every now and then so feel free to shoot me a message. I'd love to talk to you guys.

  I might start writing in my Write The Story book or maybe create a new story altogether some day, but for now I know I'm at the very least done with writing Percy Jackson. I love you guys.