Chapter 1

Annabeth's POV

I woke up soaked in my own sweat.

I groaned, sitting up.

Always that dream.

I rubbed my face and hopped into the shower. The hot water loosened up my tensed muscles.

Kill her.

I shampooed my hair thoroughly, as if I could wash out the memory.

Of course I couldn't.

I finished my shower, dried my hair, and slipped on into my clothes.

It was about time for breakfast.

I grabbed my loaded gun and went out of the room for another fabulous assassin day.

~

"Good morning."

"Good morning Chiron."

Chiron, our teacher, smiled at me before turning away. I grabbed some fluffy banana pancakes and some scrambled eggs. Someone grabbed my gun from my pocket and I whipped around, almost spilling what was on my plate.

I sighed in relief. "Luke."

His beautiful blue eyes sparkled at me. "Good morning Annie."

"I told you-"

"Here." He scraped a cinnamon roll onto my plate. "You like these, don't you? Got them before they ran out."

A warm feeling spread through my chest. "Thank you."

"So early in the morning, love birds?"

Luke laughed as I sighed.

"Connor, I swear I-"

"Just ignore him. I'll be over there." He pointed at the table over to the right, where I could see Grover and Katie Gardener.

"Yeah. I'll just go and grab some bacon."

I got my bacon and a cup of coffee, then balanced it all back to the table.

"Mornin'."

"Good morning Katie."

Katie was a sweet girl my age with brown hair and vivid green eyes. She had a spray of freckles across her nose and usually wore overalls.

I sipped my coffee. "Where are you looking at Grover?"

Grover was about 5 years older than us, about Luke's age. He was much shorter though, and was a part of the satyr group. He had a limp in his leg, so he wasn't so welcomed by his own group.

"... Percy."

"If someone saw you, they would think you're in love with him."

He sighed. "I'm just worried. Who wouldn't be worried?" He waved his hand at him.

Luke leaned back, munching on the handmade sandwitch made of pancakes and hash browns. "Uh, everybody."