Chapter 26

Percy's POV

Dream

They must of put something in my food.

They put something in your food.

There's something in your food.

I was so hungry I wanted to scream. But stomach growled, demanding food.

But they always put something in it.

Ares pushed my head into the rice, suffocating me.

"Eat." He snarled.

I pulled back, blinking the rice out of my eyelashes.

"What did you put in this time?" I asked.

He grinned, sharpening his knife.

"You'll see. Hecate made it for kids who don't listen to their daddies."

I stared at my food.

I didn't want it.

"Eat!"

I shoved a spoonful in my mouth, chewing slowly. It was good. It was actually filling.

Maybe...

Suddenly, a sharp pain stabbed me in the stomach.

No way.

They couldn't of poisoned me again.

The stomach pains were getting so bad it was hard to sit straight. I let go of my spoon, but Ares gripped my shoulder tight.

"Good kids don't leave leftovers."

I couldn't say anything.

"You want pills? Eat."

I started stuffing my face again. I couldn't let go of the pills. Not the pills.

The pain could get worse. Soon, my hand was shaking. It felt like someone was constantly punching my stomach.

And the nausea rolled in.

It hit me hard. Bile rising up, and the sour bitter taste in my mouth. The dizziness.

"You wouldn't dare." Ares said, mocking me.

Sweat dripped down my face. I felt like it would come out any second, but I knew my pills were gone if I lost it.

I was keeping it down.

My pain was unbearable now. I was now completely hunched over, trying to keep it down.

Ares was eating leisurely slow. I couldn't breathe. Whimpers were now escaping my mouth as my stomach twisted.

He was finally done.

He wiped his mouth as I waited for his sign. He gestured at me to go and I hurried to the bathroom, covering my mouth. I hunched over the nearest toliet and threw up everything I had just eaten.

The stomach pains didn't go.

I took deep breaths and threw up a bit more.

I couldn't stand for a while. My knees were to weak to support me.

Why was this one so bad.

I flushed the toilet and wiped my sweat. My sleeve was completely drenched. With shaky legs, I walked out of the bathroom.

The pain hit me harder.

I fell to the ground, gasping for breath.

Help.