Chapter 3

Annabeth's POV

Our plan was simple.

Luke would ask Percy to duel with him for a demonstration, and for practice, he would set him up with me.

"Guys, guys! Attention please!"

We sat in a circle around Luke. I could see Perseus sitting at the other side, his head sticking out of the other people thanks to his height.

Luke demonstrated a move with a dummy, and explained again.

Honestly, I wasn't paying much attention to his words, I was too busy looking at his eyes.

"Perseus? Want to show a demonstration?"

The words snapped me into focus. Everyone stared at him.

"Uh, it's Percy. And... do I have to?" He asked cautiously.

Everyone stared it him. It wasn't right to not follow orders here. It was just.... wrong.

"... do you have an excuse."

"I got a little bashed up this morning." He said, holding up his bandaged hand.

"It'll be fine." Luke insisted.

Percy pressed his lips together, but stood up and stood in front of Luke.

"Okay, so we'll just duel until one of us finds a way to use what I just taught you."

"Okay."

Percy put on his gloves and took his position.

Luke was fast.

But Percy found a way to avoid that. I narrowed my eyes. Percy's movements were inhumanely fast. But he didn't try to attack- he only did defense. Luke seemed to have a hard time getting through him.

It went on for a little too long.

Luke was known to be very talented. He could put anyone down in atleast 10 minutes.

15 minutes.

Finally, Luke punched Percy in the stomach. Barely affected by it, Percy judo flipped him, pinning him to the ground.

Luke lost.

Everyone was silent.

"Uh..." Percy got off of Luke. "Would you like to do that again. I mean, both of us didn't use the skill-"

Luke grinned from ear to ear. "Yeah. Let' try that one more time."

~

"Who teaches you?"

He squinted. "Huh?"

I avoided his punch. "Who teaches you?" I repeated my question.

"Oh. Ares."

"Huh. Well, he is good."

"Not such a good teacher. Though his ways are effective."