Chapter 10

Percy's POV

DREAM

"He needs to go. He won't be safe here."

"You've shown him enough!" My mom yelled. "He's staying with me."

Gabe.

Smelly Gabe.

Gabe was gone.

"Come here Percy."

I opened the door to completely darkness. I stretched out my arms to go foward, but I didn't have to stretch out far to feel the wall in front of me.

No...

Calm down. You can go to the right.

Walls.

I didn't to feel to my left. I backed up, but the door was closed.

There's no wall to the left. You're just at the end of a hallway-

My shoulder brushed the left wall. I scrabbled at the walls, which seemed to be narrowing down on me.

"Percy! It's alright, just wait a moment!"

The wall in front of me started shaking violently. Suddenly, the shaking went away and I heard my mother's scream.

"... mom?"

Gabe.

"Ungrateful little bitch!"

"Mom!" I screamed, banging on the door.

Gabe was hitting my mom. I could hear the loud thumps as he did something to her and I just kept screaming and banging on the door, not being able to help her.

Suddenly, I fell foward. There was no Gabe, just my mom's dead body, mangled and.... dead.

I looked up at the sound of footsteps.

The Minotaur.

He had a hole in his head and one horn ripped off to reveal the pink tender skin and blood under it. Blood was pouring out of his wounds. He stepped on my mom while coming towards me. I took a step back and a bloody, mangled face suddenly appeared an inch away from my face, screaming.

Screaming.

~

"Percy?"

I rubbed my face, sitting up. Annabeth handed me a bottle of water. I took it gratefully, trying to shake off the bad vibes from my dream.

I handed the bottle back to Annabeth after taking a sip.

"Where are we going now?"

Grover held up a pink poodle. I blinked.

"... I don't get it."

"She's lost."

"He." Grover corrected.

Annabeth sighed. "We saw a poster up for him, so we're going to return him to his owners."

He barked at me.

"Say hello."

"What?" I asked, wondering if I wasn't completely awake yet.

"His name is Gladiola."

"It looks like his owners didn't know he was a he." I muttered.

"Say hello." Grover demanded.

Grover fought for animal rights. Every satyr did. And sometimes it became a little over the counter.

"I said hi to the poodle, so you have to too."