CHAPTER 2: Lost Comfort

TERRENCE Atkins. I hadn't seen him in years. When my beloved friend Tinker-Bella Brooks moved to London with her family, Terrence and his family had followed. He was my best guy friend until he up and ditched me for Tink. The girl who I love so much but can't understand how she can be so daft, so blind not to see Terrence's feelings for her. I never lost contact with them though. Every night for 5 years straight, I had a video chat with them. They were the ones to keep me sane this summer while I was on house arrest from Alexis.

Terrence with his golden locks and charming smile was a winner. He did have the abs that he worked hard for. His boyish looks and charm could make any girl fall but he only had his eyes for one who was too oblivious to notice.

He didn't say hi. He didn't hug me. He looked at me with these sad, disappointed eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me about Cormac?" his voice firm but not angry.

Because you would have left Tinker-Bella to be with me in Athens. I couldn't do that to you.

I wanted to say it but I had no idea where Tink was and this party was crowded with people, but surprisingly not loud.

When Terrence had left I was drunk in love with a boy named Cormac Evans. He was the bad boy of school and a devilishly, handsome angel. The two of us were perfect until he cheated on me with an old friend called, Jessica Miller. Terrence when we were younger had helped me through all my challenges: when I lost my best girl friend, June Lovett; when I lost my first tooth, and all the ones that followed after; the heart break from past boyfriends and girlfriends, including the ones he caused; to kill the enormous spiders that found their way into my room; finding the crystal of Omeitha, on a school night; finding the equations for exponential graphs, at 2 in the morning, only 5 hours before it was due. Whatever the occasion he was there. Cormac was the first challenge that he wasn't around for, instead Jai Verna and Dawn Bellovix had replaced his position as best guy friend.

The thing was that I let him believe for 5 years that Cormac and I were still together when really in the past 5 years I had dated a boy named Jack before returning back to my ex, Jai. Although at the moment I am happy being a free, single woman.

"It wasn't important, it was a stupid little crush that wasn't worth mentioning," this wasn't true. Cormac had really hurt me and I moved to Tolorem with many family friends. I haven't had to lay eyes on him for 2 years. This is how I had dealt with the situation.

"It is important to me to be there for you," he pulled me into one of his comforting hugs. I didn't realise how much I missed this. Even when my mother had died, his family couldn't make it over and he couldn't be there for me. The hug was more than a greeting or to say I'm sorry for not being there during that time. It was making up for lost comfort, all the times that were needed and missed. I am not sure how I survived so long without this but I had.

It was as if in that moment time stood still around us. Life around us was slow, irrelevant. The only thing that I cared about was hugging my long, lost friend.

"Now let's enjoy this party," and with that the moment was over.