CHAPTER 8: Memories

'MEMOIRS of a Demonic Creature' was a fascinating tale.  I couldn't put the book down but I would have to at some point. The book was 2563 pages long and I was only halfway through. It seemed that the book would have ended at this point in the story but it didn't. It was about a demon who fell in love with an angel but his father was the king and he had to marry this dark witch. His father found out about this affair he was having, he then killed the girl with the angel wings. I thought it would end there like this.

She is like no one I had ever met.

She was an angel who aspired to be a demonic creature, a monster like me.

She is my best friend as well as the girl that I love.

She let me feed from her when needed and offered hugs when I was frustrated.

She was always there for me no matter what and he just ruined her.

He ripped out her heart that I had so hoped to have filled and let her crash into the ground. His hand then crushed her heart like a grape which is how mine feels like. He sprinted away using his vampire speed and left me to drown. I fell to my knees next to her and pulled her into my arms. I then released all my sorrow as I burst out in tears and screams of heart-wrenching loss. When it all came to an end I look at the general direction of where my father disappeared to and my eyes burned with rage.

All I know now is anger and all I want is revenge.

But the book carried on.

I killed my father later that day. This led me to be imprisoned in the gateway of hell and heaven. My soul trapped in this dimension to never rest until she saved me. A girl with so much power that she didn't even realise what she was doing.

I followed her after that. Everyday, for the whole of her life so far. I am close enough for her to feel my presence but far enough for her not to acknowledge me in the slightest. I was in love with her. I thought that my angel was the only one for me but I was wrong. I hadn't yet met the one who would change my life forever.

It continued on more about this new girl but I never got to finish it in that moment. Class was starting and the book had to go away. "Hey Din-din," Max chirped above me. My name was  Melodînæy and Max was the only one who didn't call me Mel or Odi. "Hey Odi," Damien gave me a hand up. I was so ashamed of myself but I couldn't help it. I got lost in the golden swirl of his eyes, why vampire hormones, why? "Hi-i," and now my voice is apparently broken. Thankfully for me, Damien didn't seem to notice my behaviour or he was pretending not to.

"By the way Max, Red needs to talk to you about something important that is happening tonight," he seemed tired of saying it. They had only met a few weeks ago from what Max told me. I had heard from Lacey and Lanky's conversations about some dark magic roaming around the towns edge. It hadn't found a way to break through the barrier but according to Lanky it is relentless. The Dark Blood pack had been fighting them off every single night since but come no where close to inflicting pain. The 'Others' however have done a superb job at sending wolves to the hospital as my stepsister, Giselle tells me.

Max didn't even complain or comment, she just followed his words like a command and then I was left alone...with the future Alpha with the nerdy but cute features. He was even wearing a pair of reading glasses this time which looked odd against his face because he wasn't smiling. He was in a dark mood. It was rare but still occurred. During this time he looked like an attractive boy deep in thought and full of guilt, as if he was hiding up the fact that he killed someone. His other face was when he was smiling which girls in the halls said made him look less attractive because it was so big and goofy but I thought that it suited his face, mainly because he was happy and it showed. The glasses would have suited his smiling face but unfortunately it was not around, just yet.

He shook the cloud of darkness out of his head and returned to me with his smiling face. "I've been meaning to tell you something, so my friend, Jason, you know the light witch?" to which I nodded. "Well he has a crush on little miss Maxine Ross," the grin widened while my mouth dropped. "Seriously," I exclaimed.

I wasn't trying to be rude to Max by saying this, it was just so peculiar. Maxine was so shy around new people, her sister Red said that it was unique of her to warm to me so quickly. Jason however was that kid in school that you wonder how can you be so young and so perfect? He was usually in top classes and always had the affection of the teachers. He was the one to beat for scholarships, he was the captain of sporting teams. He could easily be a model with his sea green eyes and winning smile. His body was a goal, his brain was a goal and his manner was a goal. A virgin, untouched, most people had come to the conclusion that he was gay and stuck in the closet by now, including myself. His values were his reason for saving. Coincidently Max was also on virgin territory.

Also the fact that light witches have a long history of being enemies with elves which is why Lacey and Max refuse to talk of yet. Spending equal time with the both of them had been difficult, especially during Advanced Fighting Skills, that is why I am now paired with Damien. That, and apparently our fighting level is compatible with each other, we were both surprised by one another's advancement in the skill.

"I like the book, personally one of my favourites although his stalking tendencies are a bit creepy," Damien pipes up and at first I am confused until I realise that he is talking about the book. "I think it is why he never put his name on the book, considering that murder and stalking is illegal," he continues. "You think that this is an autobiography?" my eyebrows widen in surprise and my eyes fill with disbelief. It can't really be an actual true story, can it? "It tells you at the end that it is based off the tales of Anonymous," he begins to stretch his arms out for class. "How does it end?" he smiled as part of a reply, "It doesn't. The last line is 'and this is our story so far'. There is going to be another book with her as a main character in it as well, the story of him being in her life," he pulls a leg up behind his back and holds it tightly. "What is it called?" I wondered out loud. "I think...it is going to be named 'Memories for The Great'."