CHAPTER 6: Catch me if you can

LACEY ended up being in my Freedom Writing class today and would not stop asking me what I knew about imprints and then getting me to repeat it while we did our work. Then continued for another 15 minutes while we waited for Advanced Fighting Skills to begin.

"What if we were pre-destined to meet? Is that what imprints mean? Not much is mentioned about imprints is there?" she babbled on. "Lacey," I sighed removing my top to change into a loose blank tank top. "Yeah?" she put the top half of her hair up into a tie. It was so short that pieces still fell loose into her face. "Shut up, and cover me will you," she rolled her eyes but threw a vial at the ground to smash. A cloud of smoke grew around me and I changed from my shorts into some black track pants. "I'm...I'm just a bit worried is all," she grumbled in a small apologetic tone. "I know Lace but Lanky and I shall be researching later tonight and I'm already telling you that we won't be finding anything new now let's focus on the first day of school, yeah?" I waved the smoke away and it dispersed into the air until it vanished. We were waiting on the field for this class to start and it should have started two minutes ago. I am really looking forward to this class out of them all and it is already late on the first day. Everyone was here waiting too. Except it wasn't just the freshmen class, the senior class was here too. I know that because 3 of my brothers were in it; Jason, Denoné, and Gil. I didn't look there way much because I didn't want to embarrass them in front of their friends. Lanky was talking to some guy he had met in the Greeks myth section of the library at lunch. His name was Jason Sebel and the pair had quite a man crush for one another.

"Class, please gather around!" a voice boomed and I turned to see a very tall man, big in every single muscle known to man. "You shall be getting into pairs and you have to work as a team to not be tagged by the senior class. It shall be freshmen versus seniors. The tactic is for the juniors to have each others back as a group but it shall also to see how you work as partners. If your partner is out then you are too. You can fight and avoid the seniors. To tag you they must pin you down to the ground. If you pin a senior to the ground then they are dead and have to sit out. The last pair standing wins my respect. Don't get too excited freshmen because I'm picking your partners," he smirked as he glanced at the roll and started reading out names.

"Melody Ravenswood and Maxine Ross," I searched around and saw the blonde elf from earlier today. She walked over and smiled at one another but we didn't utter a word to one another.

"Let the games begin," the teacher announced. I slipped on a pair of gloves while everyone started running away wildly. Max stayed beside me but gave me a worried look. A senior ran right towards me and I grinned wide. I did not move a muscle after that. The poor senior didn't know that I had just filled up on a blood bag about 5 minutes ago. My strength was at an absolute high at the moment. Yeah, I know, I am cheating but they get lunch before hand so it is practically the same thing right?

I pushed my hand out and sent him crashing down to the ground. I jumped on top of him and kept my knees pinned onto his shoulders so that he couldn't move. "Grey is dead," the teacher called out. Dawn and his partner, Jai were by my side with Max. Lanky, Jason, Lacey and Damien plus a few others huddled in circle with us facing our enemy. Working on a group against a class of seniors was better than fighting as a pair. I kept Max close to me, not letting her out of my sight. We threw punches and clawed our way through the seniors as a team and it was brutal. I could feel swelling already beginning on my back and my ribs felt as if they were on fire. Blood dripped lightly down my forehead, past my cheek and still trailing. My breath heavier with every injury, with every movement.

Maxine was taking down people beside me and it was going well until we started depleting. First it was Damien's partner, Scarlet forcing Damien to leave. Then it was Lanky and Jason who crashed together simultaneously because they accidentally got in each others way. Lacey's partner got knocked out by some cold-hearted guy who laughed and then got kicked in the nuts and pinned by me. It was only us four left against ten seniors; Dawn, Jai, Maxine and I to fight the war. Suddenly Jai was wrestled by my brother Denoné and Dawn was distracted by Jason and Gil. I had four guys on my back while Maxine had three. I couldn't help the boys at all, not with this amount of company. I slammed my head against one of the guys skull and heard a crack on his part. He fell to the ground unconscious. I had one guy wrap an arm around my neck and drag me back as he restricted the air from getting to my lungs. I kicked the air trying to wriggle out of his hold but I couldn't. I then glanced over at Maxine to see that see was being held by two guys while the third punched her in the gut. I coughed out blood and I felt something within me darken.

"Hey ass-hole! Why don't you pick on your own species? Vampire against an elf, that's no where near a fair fight," I growled and licked the cut on my lip. He smiled and before vamping over to me. Good, now I have a pole and my partner is safe, for now.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and pushed my body down to the ground using his. The two of them collided heads and moaned on the ground while I was released from both of their hold. I ran towards one of the guys I have left and use his shoulders as a bench while I swing my legs to boot the other one I had left in the jaw. When I landed back on my feet I kneed the other in the crotch before slamming my knuckle into his throat making it hard for him to breath. Maxine saw me free and takes her heel to one of the guys private while I kick the other in the face. Unfortunately for me, Maxine left me the big one.

"Melody! You are allowed to use your powers!" Lanky shouted out. I took a deep breath and focused. Could I do this under pressure? Then I thought of a better idea. I ripped off my glove and touched his skin and the ink on my body grew. A new addition to many. We both wailed in pain but there wasn't much I could do now. I just waited and saw the small dot of a scar on the side of my thumb before it sunk to ink on skin. It looked like a sharp, animal tooth or a claw. I looked at him and he was stunned as he stared at me but I didn't have time to explain.

I had this instinct to touch him again and so I did. It was like a breath of fresh hair that I didn't even notice it happen. I looked down at the and there was my body, laying unconscious. I stared at my hands. They were large, manly, they felt rough as been worked for long and hard hours.

I was in the boys body. Well this was interesting. Everyone was in shock but the guy who was trying to take down Maxine turned and started heading for me, or whoever this guy was. He charged at me ready to take me down so I swung the guys fist and it cracked the jaw of the poor guy who picked the wrong battle.

"Melody and Maxine have won. They are the last pair standing," the teacher called out and I saw both Jai and Dawn both firmly pinned to the ground. Jai by Denoné and Dawn by Jason and Gil.

I guess the seniors couldn't catch Maxine and I.

I fazed back into my body and saw the big guy looking at me confused, shaking his head a little. Just another soul to add to my growing list, a soul who wasn't too bad looking either.