Be heard, be loud, be youuu

Head down, keep walking, maybe they won't notice you this time? Like you do nothing to them anyway so  just be invisible so they can't see.

"Oi, blond bitch come back here", Monica yells snickering at her own joke that totally wasn't funny, or a joke for that matter.

I swivel around to face her the light purple bruise on my face fading the closer you look. Hmm wonder how that happened, oh yes, Monica. Again.

"What?" I yell "What do you want this time?"

"Oh Honey, like you don't know, I just love to see you miserable."

"You spiteful little bitch", I snarl.

"What did you call me?" She yells leaning in so I can feel her breath, giving me a good hard slap across the face.

I then walk away the tears brimming in my eyes but I will not cry, not over her.

"You okay?" Cormac wonders looking at me oddly.

"Yeah just perfect", I mutter taking a seat by myself.

"Okay class we have a new addition today and his names Jack Duff and he's 13 from the North. He just moved here so I want ye all to make him welcome."

A good looking boy, who must be Jack walked in. He looks around and smiles at Cormac, of course, this was the Jack Cormac was always telling me about. He takes a seat next to me and smiles. He has braces, aw cute! I smile back and then look away.

"Hey I'm Jack", he says.

His accent is to die for!

"I'm Honey", I reply.

"Sweet, just like you", he laughs winking.

I let a smile creep across my lips. Hm I could get to like this boy. The class finishes pretty quick and soon enough  school was over. I grab my books from my locker but not quick enough.

"Going somewhere?" Monica smirks.

Her group giggle at her 'joke'. I stare at her blankly, not knowing what to say. She pushes me into the lockers, causing me to fall down, my books with me.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" Jack yells helping me up.

"And you would be?" Monica spits, not looking amused.

"None of your concerns, but leave her alone okay? Or you deal with me."

"Sorr-ie. Like I'd bother with Honey or her loser of a boyfriend", Monica laughs, flicks her tawny brown hair and skips off, her group following her. Suddenly Jack pulls me into a hug. For once in my life, I felt safe, okay. We pull apart and Jack looks at me.

"You okay?" He asks.

I try to hold back the tears but they keep coming. Jack leans in and brushes them away with his sleeve.

"Thanks", I whisper.

There's an awkward silence as we both walk back to Cormac's house for dinner. We were both about an hour late by me spending so much time fixing myself in the girls bathroom and Jack waiting for me. I take a seat at the table and start picking at the food oddly self conscious for some strange reason. We trudge back into Cormac's studio, him telling me before that Jack and him had a bit of a band together between the two of them, Jack loving to sing and Cormac playing his guitar.

Hey! Hey! Hey! 

I don't like walking around this old and empty house 

So hold my hand, I'll walk with you, my dear